The Sunspire i heard that you were in town
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Even if Terance had been in view, Olive would have been too wrapped up in her own drama to notice. So, she went on talking, becoming more lucent with her locution. 

“It hasn’t been so bad — it wasn’t so bad last time, either. The women in my family have always been good at having babies.” That’s what mother had always said, and Olive had no reason not to believe her. In fact, her mother so resolutely convinced the young druid of this that the belief had carried her through her life up until now, and had only been confirmed by her prior experience bearing children. The circumstances surrounding the event had been an utter calamity, but her body had performed beautifully. Minimal nausea, little weight gain, and an easy delivery with every pup alive and thriving; as a mother, you just can’t ask for much more than that.

The sylph had taken comfort in Forrest’s presence, and how her mien had not changed when Olive had expressed her darkest fears. Certainly, the elder midwife could not scry the future from some crystal ball, but did not her composure speak of confidence and care? If there was a reason to truly be concerned, her and Forrest would be having a different conversation — she was sure of it.

Didn’t mean she couldn’t still talk about it, though. Olive had never been able to keep quiet about the things that concerned her anyways, and this concerned her the most. “I know that worrying isn’t good for me, or for them…” The sylph glanced over her shoulder at belly, still neatly tucked up against her spine, with no auspicious convexities to be seen yet. “but, I can’t stop thinking about what comes next. I have to tell them.” The girl’s mossy glance fell from Forrest’s, and she pushed forward to embrace the woman and rest her chin against her collarbone. “How would you do it?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 03, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 03, 2018, 03:02 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 08:13 AM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 04, 2018, 04:31 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 04, 2018, 05:38 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Forrest - March 05, 2018, 07:52 PM
RE: i heard that you were in town - by Olive - March 06, 2018, 07:26 PM