Sunbeam Lair mountains beyond mountains
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Right back atcha <3

Olive had never been a vain creature — a body was just a vehicle for a soul, after all — but she found herself blushing pleasantly at the girl’s unbidden compliment. She, who had loved and lost two men, was beautiful? Honestly she didn’t believe it, for if she had been truly beautiful, maybe they would have stayed…. but that didn’t feel good to think about, so Olive rested and was fine with the fact that outward beauty truly didn’t matter; it was what made up her soul that counted.  She really didn’t ever give it too much thought.  

But, the fire-kissed girl seemed to wish to take back her words. The sylph took an entreating step forward, should the girl try to flee again. Olive would let her go if she wished, for she truly appeared to be uncomfortable, but Olive did not wish for any of her interactions to end like that. “Then, is it wrong of me to compliment your beauty, as well?” she offered, marveling at the vivacity and intense color of the petite girl’s pelt. Even in the dark lowlight of the mountain’s innards, this she could see. “You are so striking.” she offered with a saccharine-sweet smile, hoping to let the girl know she was not alone in her awkward compliments.

Then, she looked towards their subterranean, mycotic milieu, and Olive did the same. “I’m not quite sure… I’ve never seen any place like this before…” she said honestly and earnestly, in wonder. The only thing that had ever been close was the quarry, and even that had been open to the sky. “I am Olive,” the shrouded fae greeted suddenly. “Who are you?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - March 05, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - March 08, 2018, 04:59 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - March 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - March 17, 2018, 09:25 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - April 11, 2018, 09:39 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:24 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - April 27, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - May 01, 2018, 11:52 PM