The Sunspire and i'll die for her
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
haha, let’s go with it! :)

There was something about the grandiosity of the nature around them that was simply awe-inspiring. Perhaps it was the way that she felt as if she were a bird, not restrained to the ground beneath her feet, free to flip and flutter across the expansive airspace of the valley below; or maybe it was the near-deafening reverberations of the earth against her own inner drumbeat. It was likely still the fact that her daughter stood beside her, when she had lost all hope of that ever happening again. Was this experience one of the gods’ divine rewards, for a job well done? 

Soon her initial astonishment bated, and the genuine splendor took over. The druid felt small, and diminutive and serene in the face of . With the light rapidly dimmimng, the astronomer turned her vision skyward and followed his line of sight to espy what he espied. 

The small constellation, Lyra. Hmmm, how interesting…

The mother’s gaze slid across and sky and fell to Terance as something akin to wonder or realization spread across his features. Olive wondered so very deeply to know what the stars were speaking to him, as she knew partially why this particular constellation might be so significant [she had been in Moonspear too, after all]. She also knew what the ancient astrologers had to say about the small, carefully arrange smattering of stars — but, what did this mean to him? What were the universe’s secrets that only Terance could know? Had the moment not been so pure, Olive might have been stricken by jealous

Without a word, Olive conceded naming rights to the star-struck boy; it was only right.  She acquiesced with a dip of the maw, and drew closer to Cassiopeia. Her daughter’s namesake constellation was up there too, somewhere… but right now, the physicality and the realness of her only girl was more than she could ever ask for.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
and i'll die for her - by Terance - March 06, 2018, 04:05 PM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Olive - March 09, 2018, 12:12 AM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Terance - May 03, 2018, 03:27 PM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Olive - May 19, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Terance - May 21, 2018, 04:26 AM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Olive - June 10, 2018, 03:54 PM
RE: and i'll die for her - by Terance - June 16, 2018, 07:51 AM