The Sunspire winning was easy, governing's harder
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"I don't think I was thinking," he admitted and averted his gaze. "I've been pretty stressed since Titmouse's arrival— which, I know, is not an excuse. I've just been worried about how he will get along with the others since he and Terance hadn't gotten off to the best start." He did not blame Screech for his anxiety. "And then when Redshank tore into the territory, threatening me with, 'f-you, Rannoch! I'm going to f-in kill you!' I-It startled me. I tried so hard to get through to him and to talk. But he wouldn't." 

Rannoch looked up at his wife, his eyes brimmed with moisture. "Redshank wasn't here to talk. He was here to kill me. I knew it, and he knew it." He sighed then, and his ears flattened. "I didn't know what I could do further to get through to him, and I allowed Terance to decide what happened to him. I don't know why he decided to break his leg. I don't think he was thinking clearly either." Rannoch had noticed his friend's sensitive nature since Seabreeze had gone into heat. "I think we were just doing what we could to make sure Redshank didn't get further and hurt anybody. We didn't realize how horribly we were acting." 

"I'm so thankful you were there in time," he admitted, his voice small.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 12, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 12, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 12, 2018, 07:42 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 09:41 AM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 06, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 17, 2018, 05:48 PM