The Sunspire winning was easy, governing's harder
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Despite the fact that Rannoch held Liffey's gaze, he could sense her tremble. Rannoch rose hesitantly, his ears flattening as he looked away suddenly out of shame; there was no denying how hauntingly similar he and Charon had sounded. "I was a fool," he admitted, his voice quiet, "I was a stupid fool who was driven by doubt." 

"I've been worried about Titmouse since the arrived here. After everything that happened, I just wanted him to get along, and then he decided to defend Redshank, who was clearly in the wrong—" Rannoch shook his head, "I-I just wasn't thinking. I can't ever think like that again." 

Rannoch looked at her again, feeling tears roll from his eyes. "I know that I hurt you the moment you stepped in, a-and I've never felt worse about anything in my life. I'm so sorry, Liffey. Not just to you, but to everybody I've let down today. I'm sorry I've made you feel this way, and I'm sorry that I made a fool of myself in front of the pack." 

"I will never make you feel this way again. I know it'll be hard to trust me again, and I understand. Please, just know that I will be a better man for you and our pack," his voice broke as he neared the end of his monologue.

"I-I love you, Liffey, and I will do everything in my power to right this."  But even Rannoch knew that actions spoke louder than words, and he would show her that he wasn't the man he had been on the borders.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 12, 2018, 07:06 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 12, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - March 13, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Rannoch’s Ghost - March 13, 2018, 07:36 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 01, 2018, 09:41 AM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 06, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: winning was easy, governing's harder - by Liffey - April 17, 2018, 05:48 PM