The Sunspire all you need me to be, i'll be for you
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 
I am shamefully posting a new thread while I have 10 others waiting for replies ;___; forgive me

Spring was no longer something the druid yearned so fervently for — because, it was finally here! The lowlands between the mountains peppered with sweet, green shoots and small, pale blooms. The air warmed, albeit slowly… but it was warming, and Olive found the utmost appreciation for it. The earth nearly vibrated with its own awakened state, as did Olive, so she could not bear to keep herself underground and in bed, as many women might have this late in their pregnancy. Olive now wore the signs of parturiency clear upon her tiny frame. She may have been late in showing, but now there was no denying it! The roundness of her belly contrasted the willowy twigs of her limbs; teats swelling and fur thinning as her body prepared itself for the act of childbirth. 

The ash-and-bone midwife suspected she had maybe a week longer before her puppies came; and with them, so many new responsibilities.  Though, the mother-to-be would admit, she had so many fewer responsibilities now that she knew she and her young family would not be turned out from their pack and forced to survive on their own — which they wouldn’t have been able to do, surely. Rannoch had been demonstrative of more grace and decency than she could have ever hoped for, more than anyone had ever shown her, and Olive knew that her job of rearing her fatherless litter would be made easier with the help of a pack [and one she had chosen for herself, rather than sought refuge from as she had done with Moonspear]. It was a beautiful, new world she thrived in!

So, the shakti woman did what any mother might do when in her situation — she sunbathed upon the sun-drenched earth in front of her whelping den, with all the laziness in the world, and not a single care or woe.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
all you need me to be, i'll be for you - by Olive - April 09, 2018, 03:17 PM
RE: all you need me to be, I'll be for you - by Goldy - April 14, 2018, 03:31 PM
RE: all you need me to be, i'll be for you - by Olive - April 25, 2018, 02:25 PM
RE: all you need me to be, i'll be for you - by Goldy - April 26, 2018, 09:07 AM