The Sunspire your eyes were the color of some kind of grey
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen was annoyed by the new recruit's manner of speaking and, when he complained to Rannoch about her attitude and advised his leader to reign her in, she shot him a very dark look. Many possible replies came to her mind, beginning with: Who do you think you are to set any terms upon joining - either you accept our terms or you bugger off!!! Then: Do we really need that snivelling piece of... of... squealing pig in our ranks? Because, when she looked the coyote up and down again, she saw no good qualities about her that could contribute to the pack. No - she saw trouble and she saw another mouth to feed. And they did not need any of that. They really did not. Ending with a resigned: Rannoch, why are you such a softie?

But voicing any of these thoughts out loud would not make her position any better. Rannoch would be demeaned in front of packmates and - as good for nothing as the latter were - she would still have to live with them from now on. She was not forced to like them, but to get along. And having already difficult relationship with Terance, Wraen did not need more trouble. Therefore she sighed, looked Rannoch in the eyes and gave an apologetic smile. "I may have over-reacted, but we have had a coyote troubles for some time. They have been stealing from the caches - and you know, how important the food matter is for us now," she explained herself. "And no offence to you," she told the black wolf, "but with you being a newcomer that I don't know at all - your word does not hold much weight to me at the moment."

"Is that, what he tells is true?" she asked. "And is everyone else warned about a coyote joining our ranks? Would be very unfortunate if someone's friend would die by an honest mistake."
Messages In This Thread
RE: your eyes were the color of some kind of grey - by Wraen - May 05, 2018, 03:56 PM