The Tangle masked in blood and bathed in fire
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
a joke.

caiaphas' muzzle remained unchanged, as if the joke had fallen flat. and then, like a shy sun peering beyond spent rainclouds, her features gradually changed. a slow lift of her brow, the quiet assembly of a smile -- fleeting as it was, it was there, and she gave a flick of a tail as if in appreciation of the joke.

in truth, she would just as soon call grimnismal 'pack' -- and little did she know, in a few days' time, it would be a pack no longer.

he mentioned a debt; caiaphas' gaze flickered. darkly, caiaphas wondered how often it was that wolves repaid their debts. in her experience, very rarely -- she thought of saltwinter, of ankyra in its' origins -- so many lives had been harbored in the sound, and so many lives went on without gratitude for her hand in the shape of their lives. it was a bitter thought and she swallowed it quickly.

"big words. prove them sometime later." she replied, motioning with her muzzle to the path. how little faith the siren queen had -- it must have been quite plain, even to a stranger like vilkas. yet she did not offer anything else; instead, she watched him warily, picking her way southeast.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Vilkas - May 17, 2018, 02:50 PM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Caiaphas - May 17, 2018, 08:10 PM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Vilkas - May 18, 2018, 05:45 AM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Caiaphas - May 19, 2018, 09:20 PM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Vilkas - May 20, 2018, 05:15 AM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Caiaphas - May 21, 2018, 06:16 PM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Vilkas - May 26, 2018, 04:47 AM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Caiaphas - June 02, 2018, 02:56 PM
RE: masked in blood and bathed in fire - by Vilkas - June 03, 2018, 04:46 AM