Ankyra Sound Don't want to let you down, but I am Hell-bound.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
cue implosion

despite moving the cubs from the grotto to the rendezvous only a week earlier, caiaphas still felt a pull to the ominous depths. the grotto was her home, her sanctuary -- she had spent nearly her entire life in its uninterrupted, un-intruded halls -- and would likely spend the remainder of her lifetime there. it was no small surprise then today, of all days, she had sought out its unmeasured caverns to briefly escape the demands of her children -- only, as she ducked under the cold stone threshold, her nostrils were assaulted by something entirely unfamiliar and unwelcome. the heavy, matted scent of living tissue and expended viscera -- it caused her blood to chill and her heart to quicken and hastily, the siren queen plunged down the stone-worn corridors.

the scene that greeted her was at best obscenely insulting -- and at worst, a malign event without provenance. even she, as ruthless as she was, could not cull a cub -- and as she processed the bloodbath that rimed her halls, that flecked the guilty muzzle of her subordinate, an irresolute grief coupled with inimitable wrath consumed her. the grotto had been defiled -- bled of its light and sanctuary -- and lives she would have cherished as if her own lost.

"no," she choked, still drinking in the heinous slump of mangled puppies. "no." she bleated again, her voice shaking.

she strode past the sobbing heap of her displaced son and rounded upon nyx, every hair on end and and a frenetic fury in her falcon-yellow eyes. "GET OUT."  the siren queen roared -- a mighty bellow that thundered down the cavern (a noise so surprisingly forceful for such a small creature) spittle flying from her quivering lips. she could not house nyx any longer -- the she-wolf had committed the most unforgivable of atrocities, and caiaphas' very core quivered in quickening hatred as she howled her head off. if nyx did not leave now, caiaphas was sure she would kill her. "get out GET OUT --GET OUT!"

she shuddered in fear and disgust, a new wave of revulsion hitting her as the scent of death rose around them. her jaws chattered and she steeled herself, stepping towards nyx with a crippling snarl worn across her thin muzzle. "get you, you fucking bitch!"
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't want to let you down, but I am Hell-bound. - by Caiaphas - May 22, 2018, 05:39 PM