The Sunspire truth at first light
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
ooc: I was visiting my friends in the countryside this weekend and saw a barn owl going for a hunt in the evening. Amazing birds.

When the ghost like thing did not attack Wraen or try to scare her, she calmed immediately and sat down, her gaze still fixed on the odd creature. It gave out quiet clicking sounds, giving her an impression that the animal was just as surprised to see her as she was him (or her). She traced the facial features and form of it's body with her eyes, realizing that her initial fear was silly if not stupid. Because this was obviously a bird and of a kind that she had met before. Not with the same colors and not so close up, but caught sight of it hunting soundlessly in the evenings, where her family pack had lived. 

Wraen usually did not think that any other animal apart from her own kind was capable of thinking and, yet life had taught her so far that though this was true for most of prey species (because they never lived long enough to start a conversation with her), some stood out with a remarkable intellect. Goats, crows, even that angry weasel she had encountered had shown more ability of logical thought than she had given them credit for. And for some reason this visitor of the night seemed to be intelligent too. 

"What has brought you to the mountain?" she asked. "Never saw you or your likes here before."

Since the bird did not say anything (and why should it, in the first place), Wraen returned to her sleeping quarters and did not think about the meeting ever since.
Messages In This Thread
truth at first light - by Thirdeye - May 27, 2018, 06:59 PM
RE: truth at first light - by Wraen - June 03, 2018, 01:53 PM
RE: truth at first light - by Thirdeye - June 03, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: truth at first light - by Wraen - June 10, 2018, 06:41 AM