Emberflame Ridge you and i have come way too far to give up in seventeen minutes
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
@Kierkegaard @Ephraim @Rhakios @Raleska @Illidan @Svalinn - and any grimnismal wolves are welcome if they decided to travel with the parents. set for 5/29/18.

the going had not been kind or easy on the sorry band that fled grimnismal. within hours caiaphas felt her weakened state come to fruition. within hours the children had muttered mutiny, and caiaphas had cursed the dark bear that upended their lives. kierkegaard fared no better -- their condition had declined drastically since they settled in the sound -- not because they were complacent, but because he was old as hell, and she had just given birth to four screaming, demanding children. it hadn't taken long for fatigue to set in, and for her to become aware of her stagnant body's limitations -- thus, they traveled slowly, she always looking behind them, and kierkegaard always warding his children. caiaphas had wondered briefly if all of grimnismal had made it out alive; she had not heard from lycaon,

there was a sharp pain in her neck from carrying svalinn, and her temper was high. she had been forced out of her home, the place she had planned to die in. she had no idea where they were going, but knew they would not fare well alone. at one point they had stopped at a quiet, sunmote-dappled forest long enough for their children to sleep and for her to howl for lycaon to let him know his son's location -- only to hear the low bellow of the bear in the distance.

it was not safe here; go, go, go.

miles and miles later, her paws were worn, and her pups exhausted. yet they could not rest, not when the behemoth still chased them. caiaphas was on high alert as they agreed to settle for the night; a small copse near a gurgling stream. she hoped they would be safe here, and worriedly she paced the brook up and down with her ears strained and exhausted eyes trained towards the west, as if grimnismal would be safe any minute now, and she and her children could go home.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
you and i have come way too far to give up in seventeen minutes - by Caiaphas - May 31, 2018, 08:33 PM