Arrow Lake Funny how we keep meetin like this
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, then I will fill that gap in your knowledge. I wonder, how have you managed to live this long and not know this," Wraen teased him a little bit, but it was evident that she was almost too glad to have caught his attention and interest. 

"There is this old tale, where the great god of all things - don't ask me, who he is, all I know that this is something some wolves believe in - created the world first. A beautiful thing it was, but empty still. Therefore he found clay and with the help of bit of magic he created the grass-grazers - deer, goats, moose, elk and such. Lively and amusing as they were they soon began to destroy the beautiful world the god had built.

Therefore he picked up some more clay, sand and rocks and created hunters of various shapes and sizes, including us, bears and cats. They went into the world and, while the grass and the trees of the forest began to recover, the number of grazers dwindled to very few. This was also not quite right, so the god thought and noticed that there were several small pieces and scraps of earth left from creating the previous masterpieces. 

He picked them up and with words - "Go, live and keep the balance!" - he threw the bits of clay, rock, sand and whatever other material there had been in the world. And thus the small prey - including rabbits, rodents, reptiles and amphibians, and also bugs, though they don't end up on my menu, came in the world. That way the hunters did not have to live on big game only, but could choose. And keep things working like they are now ever since,"
she finished - the actual story had got longer than she had thought it would before.

By now they had arrived at the hunting place and spent the next few hours in delightful activity of mousing.
Messages In This Thread
Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - June 13, 2018, 12:17 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Wraen - June 21, 2018, 04:22 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - June 24, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Wraen - June 28, 2018, 08:09 AM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - June 28, 2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Wraen - June 28, 2018, 01:54 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - July 02, 2018, 07:39 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Wraen - July 04, 2018, 05:00 AM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - July 06, 2018, 07:44 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Wraen - July 08, 2018, 02:39 PM
RE: Funny how we keep meetin like this - by Sunny - July 16, 2018, 06:39 PM