Greatwater Lake To that night
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"The plan is simple - we go in parallel as much as the overgrowth here allows. I will take the water-edge, you go a bit inland. Once I find a suitable candidate I will scare it away from the water and towards you - and you try to snatch it," Wraen explained, then turned away from her brother, straightened out and listened carefully. Some distance away rustling grass and some quiet quacks indicated that there were at least three, if not more feathered lunches awaiting them.

She beckoned her brother to follow and by moving so as to make as less noise as it was possible in the reeds, neared the little flock. For a moment she paused and in the next she pounced. Her estimate had not been wrong - there were three ducks. Two went for the water and slipped her grasp, however, the second did not manage to get that far and turned to waddle in the opposite direction. Wraen watched it go and hoped that Terance was up for the task, while she released herself from the mud that she had got stuck into.

Whether they were lucky with this particular duck or not, did not matter much, because in the next few hours both of them managed to take out at least three, having not only decent meal for themselves, but also being able to bring back something for the kids to enjoy at home.
Messages In This Thread
To that night - by Wraen - June 29, 2018, 03:30 AM
RE: To that night - by Terance - July 14, 2018, 03:45 PM
RE: To that night - by Wraen - July 14, 2018, 04:09 PM
RE: To that night - by Terance - July 28, 2018, 01:29 PM
RE: To that night - by Wraen - July 29, 2018, 05:00 AM
RE: To that night - by Terance - July 29, 2018, 08:29 AM
RE: To that night - by Wraen - July 29, 2018, 08:39 AM
RE: To that night - by Terance - July 29, 2018, 08:53 AM
RE: To that night - by Wraen - July 29, 2018, 09:05 AM
RE: To that night - by Terance - August 08, 2018, 10:09 AM
RE: To that night - by Wraen - August 08, 2018, 01:35 PM