The Sunspire talk used to be cheap, nowadays it’s free
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
"That was very kind of you to step in and help," Rannoch mused. 

With the transition in their conversation, Rannoch found himself faced with an unexpected request. "Wow, haven't thought about that in a while. It's, uh, kinda dramatic," he prefaced with a chuckle. "I was born to the west of these mountains in Neverwinter Forest—I'm not sure if you know of it. My father, Scimitar, lead the pack alongside my mother, Eshe. I had a brother, Cypress." His heart twisted tightly; it had been some time since he had last thought about his family. "When I saw young, I was pup-napped by a man named Skellige. He was a dark man with white markings on his ribs." Rannoch still had nightmares about the Levithan. "He brought me to his pack and threw me into the ocean. It was a custom of his... a way of "blessing" me." He shrugged. 

"Moons passed, and I grew. Eventually, I weaseled my way out of the packlands and tracked down my brother. When we reunited, he told me that a bear had killed our parents when they were out looking for me. I ran far away, outside of the Teekons. I stayed there a while and lived on my own. I nearly died. I knew I had to return to the valley." 

"When I did, I tracked down my brother, Cypress and our cousin, Rian. Together, we created a pack for misfit yearlings and settled within the Vale. During this time, I met Liffey, and we hit it off." He smiled at the mention of his wife—she had entered his life at a time where he needed her companionship the most. 

"Cypress went missing unexpectedly, and I went out to find him one night. While I was tracking him, a wolf named Vaati attacked and nearly killed me. Hydra and her sisters saved me and took me back to Moonspear."

"And... that's about the time we met," he concluded with a smile; this was his first successful re-telling of his history. Most times, Rannoch found it hard to reflect.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
RE: talk used to be cheap, nowadays it’s free - by Rannoch’s Ghost - August 07, 2018, 02:09 PM