The Sunspire talk used to be cheap, nowadays it’s free
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Oh, all right," Wraen nodded and thought that perhaps she had been a little too intrusive in the matter. Surely a near death experience at the paws of another wolf could not be too pleasant to remember. On the other hand - things you do for friends, eh?

She was silent for a bit, memorizing the bits and pieces of the biography he had told her and feeling that already the facts he had given her had been processed to become slightly different than they actually had been. A more dramatic scene there, some better lighting and colors in another place and had she been familiar with the concept of "soundtracks", she would have definitely added some piano or string quartet music as well. 

"And what about your family name? Frostfurs? I know that - for example - my very long and complex one "Redleaf-DiSarinno" comes from two branches of large families. The latter is of my grandfather's and has been passed down for generations by wolves, who cherished Roman heritage. Therefore half of my aunts and uncles on mother's side are named in that fashion - Atticus, Crete, Athena, Atlantia, Sparta and Perseus," she shared the names of those relatives she had never ever met (and would not either, because they were all gone) that she remembered, feeling sure that there had been more. 

"And then there is Redleaf part - my grandmother March Owl was born under a different name, but as a child she was abandoned by her parents and most of her siblings. Therefore in spite she disowned that family name and together with the pack she lived together then, created a new one. I think it had to do something with a maple forest they resided in. Therefore - "Redleaf"," she went on. "But one tradition she brought into the lines was naming kids after birds. Her own brother had been Osprey and she had a sister Peregrine. And in memory of them both, she called my mom and my uncle after them."

I am recounting history that I saw myself unfolding like 6 - 7 years ago! God, how time flies!
Messages In This Thread
RE: talk used to be cheap, nowadays it’s free - by Wraen - August 09, 2018, 09:00 PM