Bitterroot Valley on and on and on
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
tacking on an ending here

There wasn’t much of an exchange between them. In this family — friendship — relationship? — Olive took the helm of somethings, and Seabreeze took head of the other things, and this was one of those things. Though Olive was once a branded scout, she found that the weigh of her family’s responsibility prevented her from gleaning a sense of enjoyment from it any more. It far more soothed her soul to remain back with the babes and hold each one of them close, acting very much as a shield from anything that might harm them. Was it any surprise that she had shirked her title of scout for a one less ill-fitting, midwife?

Olive glanced at @Kaali to ensure that she was filled in the the details of Seabreeze’s leaving, and then nodded wordlessly to dismiss the pale and argent women. It was amazing, the willingness with which Seabreeze fed nearly their entire family when she, herself, did not particularly enjoy the act [though olive did help, at times]. So, the shrouded sylph turned back to where the pile of puppies wriggled and moved about, striding closer and speaking sweetly.
“Children, we will stay here,”  she cooed, and hooked a delicate paw around [fill in puppy’s name here] and drew the babe to rest between her front limbs. “Gather close, and let me tell you a story…”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
on and on and on - by Seabreeze - August 05, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: on and on and on - by Ibis (Ghost) - August 06, 2018, 01:41 PM
RE: on and on and on - by Olive - August 08, 2018, 06:27 PM
RE: on and on and on - by Kaali - August 13, 2018, 12:21 AM
RE: on and on and on - by Seabreeze - August 26, 2018, 07:47 PM
RE: on and on and on - by Olive - August 31, 2018, 11:08 AM