Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
All Welcome 
@Raleska & @Svalinn but others welcome too

her children were old enough now, that they might taste their first hunt. the sylph would have preferred to teach them the way of the picaroon, or the sea-faring (for she found in many ways the coast was superior - superior cuisine, superior weather, superior landscape, superior opportunities).. yet much of what caiaphas would have preferred had not transpired, and she was forced to face the reality that her children would grow up as inland wolves. and in light of that, needed to learn inland tricks.

in her jaws she carried the squalling form of a beaver, fat with summer's richness. she had not picked an easy quarry for the children's first lesson -- no, they would learn the hard way -- the only way -- that food was to be killed quickly, and tread around carefully.

the beaver struggled against her teeth, its flat tail protesting each stride with hearty thuds against her chest. she ignored it; once she was within the den she flung the hapless creature down and called for her children.

they could come, kill it, and then eat -- or they would go hungry.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Caiaphas - September 07, 2018, 07:15 PM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Svalinn - September 17, 2018, 01:52 AM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Elwood - September 17, 2018, 09:22 AM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Raleska - September 22, 2018, 08:22 PM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Svalinn - September 24, 2018, 06:50 PM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Elwood - September 25, 2018, 11:59 AM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Elwood - November 19, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: and when you wanted someone else, i withdrew - by Elwood - December 17, 2018, 10:49 PM