Ankyra Sound my sensible heart
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Caiaphas listened with a blank expression, though her eyes seemed strained as if she were just barely enduring the female's verbose reply. She canted her muzzle to the side, as she was often wont to do -- and it lent her a most uncanny and bird-like aspect.

"That's fascinating." She replied curly, her voice suggesting it was anything but. "But she doesn't live with us." She leaned forward, uncomfortably close -- with her eyes wide and calculating. "Likely a shark got her, or she drowned." She shrugged her shoulders as if uncaring, and swiftly changed the subject as if it were of little concern to her.

"Nobody could tell you because only the privileged know it. We are the Nereides." Her voice was cold now, almost monotonous -- for she did not wish to expose her pack blindly to any wolf that came asking. She knew the power of words and even more-so knew how quickly news traveled. "There is a large fleet of us settled in the Sound. We do not wish to be bothered and intruders will be killed." The way she spoke made it sound as if the fleet was massive -- a slight lie. She did not want wolves to know their congregation was small, nor did she wish for them to believe the Nereides weak. "Anything else?" Her final question seemed almost cordial, were it not for the sharpness behind her astringent gaze.

Messages In This Thread
my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 12, 2014, 07:26 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Caiaphas - October 12, 2014, 08:13 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 14, 2014, 09:30 AM
RE: my sensible heart - by Caiaphas - October 14, 2014, 04:13 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 16, 2014, 06:15 AM
RE: my sensible heart - by Caiaphas - October 16, 2014, 02:22 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 17, 2014, 06:37 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Caiaphas - October 17, 2014, 09:01 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 17, 2014, 09:23 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Caiaphas - October 17, 2014, 09:43 PM
RE: my sensible heart - by Kaskara - October 17, 2014, 09:55 PM