Ankyra Sound Where the wild things are
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
All Welcome 
Arriving thread with @Ondine though should be AW for all members of Saltwinter

The coast bought along many sights, as well as a new friend. With his companion, he had journeyed the weeklong journey back to Saltwinter. Almost nervously, he wondered if she would be accepted, but she was of the coast as well, and his interactions with her have identified her as a Siren. Caiaphas, his queen, would surely be looking forward to having another Siren.

The sand was crumbling and soft beneath his feet, the few parts of the wilds not turned over by the locusts. Or perhaps it was, and the unwavering sands of the coast sustained it. They were nearing the pack now, the distinctve salty and musky scent of his pack wafting over to him. He nodded to Ondine. "We're here, " He stated simply. He would see how she replied, before asking for Caiaphas, then he would let their encounter play out on it's own.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
The week had been a tough one, even with a fishing spot right beside them at all times. Fish was not enough for a wolf, she needed some real meat, she needed blood. And berries, yes berries would be lovely too. Her fur bristled as the harsh winds of the coast went by, and she tucked her head into her thick,silky and salty fur, that was thicker than other wolf species since she was an arctic wolf. She left pawprints behind on the soft, tan sand that was covered in locust bodies, but they would all wash away. Her presence, however, would not fade so simply.

As a thicker, saltier smell penetrated her nose, making her sneeze a soft British sneeze, she knew they were close. The nod and words of her companion only confirmed that thought, and after his words were spoken, she knew exactly what to do. It was not appropriate for Slancio to call for his leader, not while Ondine was the one wanting to join, and so she lifted her white muzzle into the air to let out a beautiful song- a song of a siren asking for home.
"I simply... Don't remember."
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
@Caiaphas for ref just in case she missed it (also i kinda want to get 3 posts in before exiting)

The days had been long and harsh, yet he was glad to be able to return to Saltwinter. The tangy salty scent of fish and blood drifted towards him, and ahead them, he could see the entrance to the grotto. It was high tide right now, the waves crashing strongly against the shore, shaking the ground beneath their feet. The power of the ocean never ceased to amaze him, he though as they neared the grotto.

The sudden howl that came from her surprised him, yet he respectfully backed off. If she wished to be the dominant one in this situation, and take it into her own grasp, he would respect her choice. This was her story about to unfold, and while he played a part in it, he would be nothing more than a minor character here. Yet he waited and watched, for Caiaphas to appear, and to see how his queen would take to his newfound friend.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Thank you for the tag! Been a super busy week, sorry!

caiaphas paused when the fluting lilt of a howl came, punctuated almost immediately by the gentle melody of a second. her ears flicked forward; the first, she recognized. the second, she did not.

adopting an economic yet slow trot (almost more of a shuffle, given their recent state of affairs) caiaphas made her way to the borders, where she was awarded by the sight of slancio and a comrade. her expression remained neutral though her poise was anything but; her head was held to a sovereign height and the wispy branch of her tail was upright over famine-stricken hips. slancio was afforded a scarce nod of recognition, though it was the bloodstained female that presently captured her attention.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
It was not long after her siren song had touched the waves of the air or there was a smaller, coyote-like female coming their way. Ondine waited patiently before she was closer, observing her for a while, tail low and body adjusted to perform a respectful pose. What a curious being this female was, so petite and lithe. Drenched in a silvery gray, her darker face stood out, and Ondine couldn't help but notice the browner ears she had. She didn't look like anyone she had met thus far, but she carried the familiar scent of the salty sea, and that was enough to get the respect from the siren. Ondine, though strong and not yet that affected by the famine, didn't dare to look into the other's eyes, keeping her gaze on anything but her orbs.

She knelt down in a formal bow, her eyes now lingering on the one who had led her here; Slancio. Good day. She spoke, just as pretty sounding as her songs. Terribly sorry to disturb you in such hard times, but my companion here has led me here to join. She explained in that formal, British sounding accent. 

Ondine Água, miss. traveler, botanist and fisher. 
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Feel free to skip Slancio from this point on as he left

He let his own howl die down once he heard Ondine's song, stepping back to appreciate and admire the throaty tone of her howl. It pierced the once silent grotto with ease, the melody swirling in the air as it broke through. Slancio stood respectfully, and when Caiaphas emerged, he dipped his head. He was in the presence of his queen now, and he while he was curious to see how it would turn out, he would not interfer with the joining of Ondine. This was her future on the line, and he was no more than a supporting character in this part of her story.

So the quicksilver wolf gave Caiaphas a small grin at her recognization, and a small nudge on the shoulder to Ondine for luck, before moving backwarda and away from the duo, heading deeper into the grotto. He was back in his home now, and whatever the outcome of Ondine's encounter with Caiaphas, he would know of later. For now, he went along the worn path, the fresh sea breeze drifting past him in wisps, telling Saltwinter of his return.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
it pleased caiaphas to learn the wolf slancio brought her was not without manners; if anything, the bloodied thing had a most pleasingly humble air. inwardly the siren queen wondered if it was all a guise; a masterful ruse in which to lull strangers into believing her trustworthy. if that was the case, then what was the blood for? caiaphas did not hide her blatant inspection of the wolf, though it was not done with hostility.

slancio had made his departure, and the two females were left alone, their long shadows cast against the unending sand. caiaphas lifted her blackened muzzle, having finished studying the creature. "i hope you're as good a fisher as a talker; there is no food here." she did not mean saltwinter exclusively, though she suspected the female intelligent enough to draw her own conclusion from her statement. "what's with the blood?"
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Though raised in a rather horrible place, despite the pretty looking scenery, she had always been this polite. Surely she could flip now and again, but that was only with wolves who really frinked her off. Ondine smiled at Slancio as he left the scene with a nudge to her shoulder, a touch that gave her much more courage in this whole conversation. She swallowed a thick ball through her tight throat, making just the smallest gulping sound.

Better fisher than a runner, miss. Ondine answered truthfully, for with a body like hers, speed was out of the question. She could, indeed, chase a rabbit good enough to catch one, but if it made sharp turns, her square body would not be able to get it. Then came the question that was not unexpected. Her "fashion", as she liked to call it, was not always appreciated like when she was the leader of the Berry tribe.

Mostly fashion, though I do believe it keeps bad dreams away as well as mad wolves that just want to fight. She answered. The bad dreams actually represented her past at the other beach -much like this one- that was still haunting her, but not as bad as before she met the wolves of the Berryforest.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
caiaphas was struck with the impression this thing was a witch; she talked in the subservient, almost vague manner of a seer -- yet underneath that thin veil caiaphas was sure she saw some sort of devious predator lurking. ondine's answer was given some thought, and it showed in the brief suspension of expression in the salt queen's vivid yellow eyes. she didn't have dreams -- she didn't sleep. "do you like to fight?" she asked quietly, a faintest sliver of malice poking forth in her tone like the triangular head of a snake.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
No other comments were made on her face, which was good. She knew how judgmental wolves could be. She smiled, raising her head just a few inches to get rid of a cramp in her neck. Whether or not Ondine was a witch, was up to a judge. She believed in charms and witchy stuff, but to call herself one? She didn't know.

Everyone has to fight one time for what they desire. She spoke in her British accent. It is not something I enjoy doing, but if I must, I could. I would. She spoke sophisticated in a harmonious tone that went very well with the waves crashing onto the shore in the distance. 
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
ondine's answer was satisfactory enough, though no margin of approval melted the sharp resolve of the siren queen's haggard features. with a flick of her tail announcing she did not disparage the wolf's answer the salt wretch rose to move. "ondine agua, welcome to saltwinter." caiaphas concluded, angling towards the grotto. if ondine followed, she would give the bloodsmeared sylph a tour before quitting her company.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
For just a second, the siren feared her answer was not good enough- that she would never see Slancio again, nor ever know what hid behind the borders. Her bi-colored eyes still focused on anything but the alpha's eyes, even when the peculiar being started moving. Ondine let her drift to the ground in defeat before hearing the words she had been hoping to hear. A grin spread across her face at her acceptance, and got out of the formal bow she had kept all this time.

Thank you, I won't let you down. She spoke sweetly, carefully stepping over the obvious scent border that made her feel part of life again. She followed her new leader with caution though, not knowing what this whole pack was about, nor what kind of wolves loved here beside Slancio.