Silver Creek you and i have come way too far to give up in seventeen minutes
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —

indra slumped at the mouth of the den, looking out on the rainsplattered, grey realm of the outside world. it looked cheerless and dull, and it reflected in her lonely gaze.  the skies were dark and unmoving, and worst of all, the rain confined them inside. indra didn't care for it; it made her cold and it made her want saena.

she had been making a game of watching the trickle of thousands of little rain drops -- they started as small little beads, slowly accumulating in size as they rolled down the rock slab -- before long they were swollen gobs that splattered loudly on the hard floor. indra lapped at one small puddle curiously and it was then she saw the most intriguing thing: a pale, ropy 'catapillar' writhing in the bottom of the puddle. "catapillar!" she announced to laurel, bouncing around the rim of the pool excitedly. having never seen a worm before, she simply assumed it was a strange looking caterpillar.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
With a wide yawn Laurel awoke. She stretched all four her stubby, growing legs and smacked her lips as she looked around the den. Indra wasn't there, and so Laurel got to her feet to go and find her sibling. Now that nap time was over, it was time for some play.

It was raining and so Laurel didn't think going out was a good idea — she wasn't a fan of rain and mud — and luckily neither did Indra, for now, who sat at the mouth of the den. Laurel's ears cupped forward as Indra looked at a bug and proclaimed it caterpillar. Laurel laughed haughtily and said, "No, dummy, it's a wurm!" She just so happened to have made the same mistake the other day and someone had corrected her, so now she could pretend like she was super smart and tell Indra she was wrong.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra swept her long ears towards laurel as she marched over to the puddle, her jaws half parted in anticipation for her sister's delight. but it was not delight that curled from laurel's lips; rather, it was a cavalier haughtiness indra had yet to master. she frowned deeply, her yoda-ears falling to the side of her wrinkled skull in confusion. "wurm?" indra's reply came sullenly as a half-question, and her gaze fell on laurel in curious skepticism.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Indra didn't seem convinced of the wurmliness of this creature, which caused Laurel to nod with extra fervor as her sister queried for the truthfulness of her sentence. "Ya, is a wurm!" she exclaimed while nodding fervently to emphasise her point. Totally was a wurm; she knew because she had been taught herself.

"Catapillar goes like..." Laurel then tried to immitate the hobble of a caterpillar in the limited space of the den, though she wasn't very good at it — Laurel threw herself at the ground with her front, then jumped up and landed in a sort of sitting position. She rinsed and repeated this a few times while making sure Indra was still watching before she continued her explanation. "An' wurm goes like..." And after saying this, Laurel threw herself flat on the ground and started to wriggle forward, much like she and Indra had mere months ago, to emphasise the difference.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
all of indra's doubts were assayed with laurel's clear conviction; as the tawny sibling nodded fervently indra felt the edge of her skepticism ebb away. she offered a half-smile, somewhat encouraged by her sister's vigorous headnodding. as laurel threw herself to the ground to replicate a caterpillar's momentuous movement indra canted her head to the side curiously -- but as laurel writhed in the manner of a worm the child let loose a giddy laugh, delighted by her sister's contortions. imbued with a sense of confidence in laurel's knowledge indra plodded over to her happily with a playful grin and growl.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nothing made Laurel feel better than knowing others were listening to her. She loved hanging out with her sister in big part 'cause her sister would follow her lead and believed what she said. Laurel's tail wagged as Indra came closer to her and seemed to believe her for her word, and it didn't take long for her to think of a new thing they could do. "Let's adventure!" she suggested as if it was the idea of the century. Proud of her cool idea, Laurel pawed at Indra once in invitation and then stomped off towards the creek with a cheerful, inviting growl.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra flipped upright as laurel stood, her gaze following her sister in anticipation. sure enough, laurel had an idea -- an exciting one -- nothing sounded so unbelievably immersive and rousing as an adventure right now. she bolted upright, almost falling on her face with the abrupt motion. "ADVENTURE!" she cheered loudly, taking fumbly steps towards the mouth of the den with ambition.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
As per usual, her idea was received with raging enthusiasm by Indra. Laurel's tail shook with excitement as she lead the way to the great outdoors. She stood still a moment as she was about a metre away from the den, as though testing where the best adventures were to be had. She sniffed the air and, finding no smell in particular that spoke to her, she decided to head on down towards a nearby branch of the creek that they could play in.

"Yay!" Laurel squealed as she ran, assuming Indra was trailing right behind her, and she galopped eagerly over to the creek. Yet as she reached it, before she would fully run into it, Laurel skidded to a sudden halt, not wanting to get her paws wet and muddy.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
she hadn't noticed her sister's prompt halt, and as such, nearly plowed right into laurel's backside. with a fumble she struggled to regain her footing, her little tongue out and brow furrowed as she narrowly missed faceplanting the ground. once upright she squinted and tilted her head back, trying to see what it was that commanded laurel's attention. she saw nothing, but trusted laurel had a reason for stopping -- she was, after all, the leader of their tiny outfit.

"s'go!" she yelled after a few split seconds of (not so patiently) waiting, having no qualms about wetness.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel was nearly thrown into the creek when her sister halted behind her. She stood on the moist shores and shuffled her feet as Indra regained her footing to make sure that she stayed on the shore. She let out a huff as Indra said it was time to go and exclaimed, "'s wet!" She wanted to have adventures, but preferably dry ones — getting her fur soaked wasn't on the top of Laurel's priority list.

She shuffled to the side and looked at the water intently from the shores, as though looking for frogs or other critters or plants in the water that caught her eye.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra looked after her sister cuiously, wondering what unseen force had halted her impetus. she blinked in confusion and looked to the water slowly as if some unseen monster was about to rise forth from the shallows. with laurel shuffling away from the embankment indra peered down it -- but before she knew it the damp soil gave way and she was tipped suddenly into the water with a yelp and a splash. "wahEYYoo" the red child blubbered, feeling taken aback by the cold that seeped into her bones.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It all happened so fast; Indra looked down towards the water when her sister had moved away, as if testing if it was really wet or not. Then suddenly, the bank started to crumble and blubber away beneath her very paws. Laurel considered saving her sister, but then, she really didn't want to get wet. She pressed herself to the ground and watched her sister meet a watery fate.

Laurel started to laugh at how comical her sister was flopping down into the water, but as she started this, a big splash of water flooshed over her from Indra's fall. Laurel let out a squeal of protest — "Eeeee!" — because she hated being wet! She looked vengefully at her sister and pounced down to wrestle her in the water. If she was already wet due to her sister, she might as well take revenge for Indra making it so, even if it was coincidental!
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra hadn't noticed laurel's lack of aid, no had she caught the unintentional wave of water that splashed the tawny child's hide. she was too caught up in the cold -- the wet -- but not for long. she scarce had time to react before laurel was upon her, growling playfully. as if the child's senses had been reawoken indra reared clumsily in the water, issuing rambuctious and excited growls as the two battled in the water. she lacked the endurance laurel possessed and before long would likely be overthrown, but for now she enjoyed the splashing and the play in the coruscating waters.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
want to finish this now with a fade and have a new one soon? :D

Laurel's invitation — though it was one that was not easily denied, considering she pounced her sister — to play was met with excitement and before she knew it, the two of them were rough-housing around in the water. Laurel eventually gained the upper hand, but, being the great charitable wolf she was, she then let go of her sister and got off.

"Now I'm wet!" she exclaimed with a pout, but it wasn't long before the next distraction came along. "Le's look for prilly rocks!" Without waiting to see if Indra would come by — of course she would — Laurel started to poke around the river and its shores to find cool rocks that they could decorate the den with or give to Casmir, Spring or Shreya.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
@Laurel of course! i'll fade, lmk if you want me to start or just tag me if you start!

abruptly the play ended, leaving indra with her mouth agape as the white-tipped water riffled past her. she looked after laurel, who had gone towards the bank -- dumbly the child closed her mouth and dutifully followed. she felt subdued until laurel declared their newest mission: rocks! "and bugs too right?" she brightly piped -- though of course, it was unlikely the tawny child shared indra's fascination with insects. quietly she set to appease her sister's appetite for pretty stones, though inwardly the child was lost in her own world of gossamer-winged insects and visions of a mother lost to this world.