Silvertip Mountain I've been coming home all this time
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day gawked at the little fluffball that tumbled out of the den, not entirely certain - at first - what it was he was seeing. But when she descended on the raccoon, the she held still long enough for Day to see the vague wolf-shape of her, and abruptly, the fluffball gained a name.

Adeline.

He was not quite surprised at her appearance. He'd known, in fact, that a pup did reside at Silvertip Mountain. Sometimes the others would even carry her youthful scent. But she'd always been something that Day knew about but had never really experienced - like elephants, salt water, and the mailman.

So it was a little strange to see her so suddenly, so near. No one else was around, either - no one to tell him whether or not he was seeing things. But a deep breath told him all he needed to know - this was the same Adeline-scent that lived on Steady's coat. Same Adeline.

A low chuckle escaped him at his own silliness - of course. Of course it was Adeline. What else would it be? The mailman? Somehow, Day doubted that the mailman would be so small and fluffy, or that it would attack a mangled raccoon with such intensity. Damn, but you're cute, he thought, watching her intently - trying to see through the haze of his eyes and past the puppyish blandness of her appearance.

Apparently, his critical stare attracted her attention - and frightened her, it seemed. Whoops. Better fix this fast.

"Hey," he said brightly, wagging his own tail and lowering his head to the ground. His body flattened in friendly submission - not a pose he liked to strike for most wolves, but what could the pup do to him? "My name's Day. You must be little Adeline, huh?"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - July 16, 2016, 12:20 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - July 20, 2016, 09:55 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - July 20, 2016, 06:35 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - July 20, 2016, 08:50 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - July 22, 2016, 06:49 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - July 27, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - July 27, 2016, 04:34 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 01, 2016, 06:02 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - August 02, 2016, 12:59 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 05, 2016, 04:15 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - August 05, 2016, 10:19 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 09, 2016, 04:09 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - August 09, 2016, 07:23 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 11, 2016, 06:26 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - August 15, 2016, 12:38 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 15, 2016, 02:42 PM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Grayday Sr. - August 20, 2016, 12:33 AM
RE: I've been coming home all this time - by Addie - August 21, 2016, 12:30 PM