Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
Read Only 
cue sad soundtrack music - so long, and thanks for all the fish <3

as darkness claimed the strand the sylph was to be found in between the mire of sand and rush of water, feeling the cold as it seeped through her webbed paws and drew brine and kelp about her thin limbs. the waif was silent as the rush of the earth thundered overhead -- she felt the crushing veil of stars and the distant hum of the moon. most of all, she felt the bracing wind of summer's end kissed by salt.

she hadn't meant to swim so far out and by the time she realized her mistake it was too late. between gasps of air and saltwater the siren queen fought the sea, clawing desperately against the tugging tide. "kja-kjalarr!" her breath was hoarse and had no hope of overcoming the thundering surf. "maude," she fought to keep her head above water, to keep her wits about her -- but the sea overtook and overcame her in a matter of moments. the last thing she was aware of, caught between the spiraling blur of seafoam and wrathlike bubbles, was the irony that she was unlikely to make it out of this alive. in that split second where the suckling water met rushing wave with a smack of bonewhite froth, caiaphas was pulled under the tow and was gone.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.