Permafrost Hollows Shouldn't one do as one's told to?
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
It had been a month, and eventually the tearing pain of her shoulder subsided to a dull ache.  When she felt she could jog on it and it would hold sound, she knew finally she could pick up some of her previous activity.

Which was good, because she was a month gone and still had no clear path to a role in the pack.  A part of her resented the fact that she needed one, while another stressed that there was simply nothing she was extra adept in.  Roz wasn't a wolf who specialized, if only because the instant she began dedicating herself to a trade, she became rather bored with it.  Who wanted to hunt or train all the time?  Why was well-rounded not enough?

Feeling a bit pouty about the entire thing, she'd decided to take a trip out to see what the north side had in store.  She hadn't traipsed this way yet, not in all of her travels around Teekon, and she had to admit this forest held a nice sort of beauty.  Even in the relative chill of an autumn morning.  There didn't seem to be any packs nearby, so she explored at her leisure, wandering amidst the trunks and halfway hoping to scare up a bird or small woodland creature for lunch.
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
o hay there

Chip wandered this way and that with no clear intention of stopping anywhere long-term. She'd already managed to get boned at least three times, so she was feeling extra confident in her ability to do just about anything. Despite being named after a creature that ate primarily nuts (haha), Chip had always been an adept hunter... at least when it came to smaller prey. Currently, she was tracking a raccoon, and she was narrowing in on it when something else distracted her: another wolf.

It was a pretty thing, with dark fur and yellow eyes. Had she been a he, Chipmunk would have been all over him. As it were, though, she'd never had any interested in women, and considered them competition at worst, and acquaintances at best. Interested to see which side of the coin this one would be, Chip made her presence known with a pointed chuff.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Someone chuffed and immediately Roz turned attention to the sound, her ears shooting up and stance tensing slightly.  It wasn't an unfriendly sort of sound, though, and too mellow to be a challenge.  So she relaxed almost immediately, laughing inwardly at her surprise.

The wolf was an interesting sort, and she looked at her coat with mixed envy and fascination.  "You're an interesting one.  Where are you from?"  Blunt was how she preferred, particularly with strangers.
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Interesting? What was that supposed to mean? Chip squinted at the dark, yellow-eyed wolf, but didn't make an attempt to ask her what she'd meant by that. "Not anywhere close," Chipmunk responded with a shrug. Perhaps most would have asked the generic follow-up "How about you?" but Chip wasn't in the mood for that.

"I was gonna rouse up some grub. Wanna help?" she asked. It was entirely possible that she would get a "no," considering they'd only just met, but Chip figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Besides, if not, Chip could do it on her own.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The stranger seemed skeptical of her comment, but didn't take offense; good, because it had been a compliment.  She had racing stripes, wtf, how damn cool was that.

"Fair enough." It was a dumb question, maybe, but Roz wasn't above asking one or two of those by way of 'small talk'.  Hardly a better way to get to the actual good stuff.  

Usually the good stuff meant fucking, but food would do nicely.  "Sure."  She was a kinda shit hunter, but figured she would probably do well enough to not embarrass herself.  "Know what sounds good? A nice fat duck.  Think there are any ponds around?" It was getting late in the year but maybe one or two would still be around?
137 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Good question," Chip replied, "and one I don't know the answer to. I guess we could wander around a bit and see." Assuming the dark girl was interested in doing that. Which led Chip to realize that they hadn't exchanged names, something she tended to do. "I'm Chipmunk, but everybody calls me Chip," she said with a pleasant smile, offering her dark companion to divulge the same bit of information about herself.

Chip picked a direction and started walking, eyes scanning to see if they could find a pond to hunt her new companion's choice of grub. If they couldn't find something soon, Chip would probably suggest an alternate menu, but she was willing to go along with this for at least a little while.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Seemed instead of a guide she had obtained a wandering pal.  Worked just as well for company, if a little less efficient, so Rosalyn wasn't bothered.  If they didn't find a lake they would surely find something else.  She just had to keep track of how to get back; easy enough when one lived on a mountain.

"You must be new to these parts too then.  I'm recently from the coast, till I hit a spot of rough waters.  You just passing through?". She asked as they walked.  No reason not to have a bit of conversation, at least before they got close.  "I'm Rosalyn, or Roz, if you prefer."  Most did.  Including herself most days.  The full just seemed so formal.

They talked a while, and Rosalyn's motives might have been slightly less than pure friendliness, but she quickly got a sense that the other would not be interested and stuck to the pleasantries.  They parted ways without regret, but Rosalyn now had another face in Teekon with whom she was familiar. That in itself made the conversation worth it.