Stone Circle try to stay on track this time
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Oh great.

Much as he adored that girl, Grayday was just not ready for her to be privy to a conversation like this. She'd long existed to him in a place just between small and grown - not quite a child, because she was his friend and he thought more of her than that, but also quite and adult, either, even now. And this was definitely an adult conversation - he just knew she'd start asking questions as soon as she got wind of any pups. Day wasn't ready to explain - or to have it explained in his presence - that he'd slept with someone he hadn't known, and had left her just as quickly with only vague plans to return to see if anything had come of the encounter.

Luckily for him, the nightmare would not be so. Steady stepped in and saved him, and although Day, in a moment of maddness, wanted to say no, that certainly wasn't why he thought he was causing trouble, he soon caught on to the delicate game. If Adeline saw even a twitch on his face, the game would be up.

Yet again, Steady saved him, drawing his attention from guilty twitching to the new words he spoke. Something akin to forgiveness, this time, and that was better than Day expected. More than enough to patch things over on his side and then some. His eyes flicked briefly to Adeline before he spoke, and having her there made his words all the more true.

"This - you all are my home," he said in a low, quiet voice - because any louder and his voice might quake. "My family. I - I wanna do right by you."

To Adeline, he said, "I'll be back, okay? I'm just going to visit Donnelaith - " To Steady, again, "shouldn't be more than a week, I think. I'll come straight back and check in before - 'fore..."

Well, he knew. Day stood uncertainly before the dark man, eyes searching the other's face and skipping away from the gaze of the other, not wanting to disrespect or incite anger. He just... he wanted to go away for a few days and think all this out, but more than that, he wanted everything to be okay when he got back.
Oh Addie <3
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 26, 2016, 02:54 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Steady - September 26, 2016, 03:24 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 26, 2016, 08:33 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Steady - September 26, 2016, 10:28 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 26, 2016, 10:51 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Addie - September 26, 2016, 11:05 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Steady - September 26, 2016, 11:15 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 26, 2016, 11:50 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Addie - September 27, 2016, 01:40 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Steady - September 27, 2016, 01:47 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 27, 2016, 02:34 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Addie - September 30, 2016, 05:49 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Steady - September 30, 2016, 06:12 PM
RE: try to stay on track this time - by Grayday Sr. - September 30, 2016, 11:29 PM