Stone Circle the sun is softer, now
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Much as it worried him to dwell so far from the Hinterlands, Grayday had to admit that Valette and Zeke had done well in their choice of a home. It was a shame he wasn't here to share it with them, but Day still had high hopes that he would come bounding in one day - limping, at worst. Ezekiel could take care of himself, he thought - but anyone could get lost, and anyone could have an accident... Hopefully, they would find him or he them, and neither party would be too much worse for wear.

For now, Day tried not to feel guilty as he enjoyed the spoils of Zeke and Valette's expedition. They'd only been there a few hours, and it already felt like home. Just lying in the middle of the Circle and gazing up at the sun where it hid behind the clouds - bees were buzzing lazily around the wildflowers, and the stones rose up on all sides of him like solemn guardians.

He sure felt safe.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden's leg was beginning to complain from her travels. She'd been wandering the territory since they moved, just to see what there was to collect. She had planned to relax on a mound of dirt before she saw Day, and made the decision to approach. 

"How do you like the new scenery?" she chuffed. She approached and sat beside him. "It's beautiful here, don't you think?" This is where she liked to be. She enjoyed the quiet of nature and the feeling of the breeze against her fur. Maybe he did, too.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day grinned at Eden as she approached, tongue lolling out lazily as he tipped his head back to better see her. His answer to her first question was a happy wiggle and a brief wheeling of all four paws in the air.

"Sure is," he agreed, looking back up at the sky, though his mind, now, was on Easthollow's two newest members. "How are you and your sister settling in? Must be tough to have just gotten to the pack and suddenly have it move somewhere else..." He remembered their late-night talk and craned his head around until he was lying on his back, gazing at her leg upside-down. "And how's that leg holding up, by the by?"
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden smiled. It seemed everyone was in a good mood since the move but no one measured up to Day thus far. "She's... she's doing pretty well. I think. I can't really tell. This is the first time I've seen her since we were pups." She could feel the memories setting in and was quick to change the subject, "But my leg? I've gotten used to it. What are you up to, besides lounging?" She laughed as she made her way to Day's side and laid beside him, supporting herself with her front paws.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He was surprised to hear that they'd been apart for so long, but then, he hadn't seen his own sister in several years, now. Day wondered how she was doing, and whether or not she had any kids of her own. Would she still be with dad and the rest, or was she the alpha of some distant land? Maybe she was just another dispersal, gone the same way Grayday had.

Day pushed those thoughts aside and focused on the woman beside him. What else was he doing beside just enjoying the weather, she wanted to know? What else could he be doing? "Thinkin, I suppose," he said at length, decided that his daydreams of his future children had been like enough to that. Not wanting to be rude, he rolled over onto his belly so that they laid shoulder-to-shoulder, and so that he could look at her right-side-up. "What about you? Get a good feel for the place, yet?"
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
At the question, Eden inhaled deeply, sure to take in every second of the fresh air that she was allowed. "Its beautiful, to say the least. But I'm still finding myself lost most of the time." She laughed; there was a reason she chose against being a scout. "This isn't something you get used to, you know? There's things in the world that you aren't supposed to understand and a place as rich as this one definitely falls under that. A scene like this has to be felt."
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Looking around at their new home, Day concluded that Eden probably knew what she was talking about. It didn't make much sense to him, but he supposed that the way the stones sat didn't, either. Best not to worry about it, is how he took her words, and to just enjoy it instead.

Day could do that. Had been doing that for several hours already, though he'd spent some time marking the borders as well. "That sounds about right," he said with a bob of his head, looking around at the circle once more. "Where do you think you'll make your den?" he asked, realizing that there was not much cover in the middle of the stones. There was a wood of white trees in the territory. Maybe there would be a good place, there.
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Her ears perked at the question. She hadn't even considered where her den would be, she'd been so focused on the scenery. "What a great question! I wish I had an answer. Where were you looking?"
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He hadn't really looked around too much. It'd been border-marking when they'd first arrived, and when nothing else exciting came up, Day had laid down and tried to nap. The place was still to foreign to him to give entirely into sleep, so he'd contented himself with simply resting in the center of the stone circle - at least until Eden showed up.

"Haven't looked," he told her, casting his eyes toward the grove of trembling aspens. "Probably over there, though."
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
She looked in the direction he referenced but thought she'd rather stay somewhere open. "Maybe I could find somewhere out here, I guess. There's just so many possibilities, you know?" She rose from where she lay and continued on, "I'll see you around, yeah? We should have more talks; I enjoy them." And with that she was off to continue her exploration.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
So he wasn't the only one who wasn't quite sure where to make his bed. Though the lack of obvious denning space was not promising, Grayday still had high hopes for this new territory. Valette and Zeke had chosen it, and while he found Valette to be a little pompus and had only just begun to like Ezekiel, he didn't think either of them to be unintelligent. There had to be good denning somewhere around the territory.

"You know where to find me," Day readily replied, tail wagging as he watched her go. Her mood seemed far better than it had during their last conversation, so Day figured she wasn't too worried, either. Still, he'd keep an eye on her and her sister.
What's Mine is Ours