Cedar Sweep but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I -
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
His head snapped back almost before he heard the howl. Day knew her voice well enough, though he'd only heard it in close quarters before now. It was a sign, he thought, that all this was meant to be. That it would be alright, and they'd find a place in this world for themselves.

He would reflect, later on, that her voice had already been a little wobbly.

Amber came at him like a rainstorm, blue eyes streaming and soft words dripping like rain from her tongue. Day didn't quite follow, but he reckoned he'd heard enough.

"I gotchya," he said first, because she seemed like she wanted to be got. Had. Day didn't fight her when she came against his chest, and he cleaned away tears with a gentle tongue. So she'd done something bad. Day didn't feel as though he had much room to look down on her, and honestly, there was a lot he was willing to look past at this point. "Don't cry, gorgeous, I'm here. I won't leave without you," he continued, steady voice readily assuaging her fears. He did wonder what could've gotten her into this state, but how bad could it be? Unless it affected his children, would it really come to affect him?
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I - - by Grayday Sr. - October 10, 2016, 08:48 PM