Cedar Sweep but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I -
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day frowned when she admitted that she didn't know where the strange male lived, but he figured he had bigger fish to fry. He'd already known, after all, that Amber was not very discerning when it came to her sexual partners. It shouldn't surprise him that she hadn't known much about her 'mate' either. Day tried not to let it bother him, but he was a little peeved that she'd tried to have some random stranger play father to her children; that she hadn't chosen more dilligently, if it was a choice she felt she had to make.

But these weeks had not been kind to her, either. Day could smell the worry that rolled off of her like it was a part of her. He could see the crusty tears that marred her pretty, dark face. His heart went out to her, and he figured he could forgive her these snap decisions. It couldn't be easy, being pregnant. Better her than him.

A new sense of trepidation grew in him as she called for her lover, voice still harried and uncertain. He tried to groom her as they waited, hoping both to ease her fraying nerves and erase the traces of sorrow he could still see in her eyes. Poor girl, he thought guiltily. He wouldn't be leaving her again.

But before he could repeat the sentiment aloud, a dark mass of fur shot out of the woods and straight at him. He was reminded first of Furiosa, and then of Ezekiel as the black wolf easily pushed him aside. To Day's credit, he wasn't trying to stop him; didn't believe in fighting if there was another option. Despite that, he still growled as the male continued to pursue him even after he stepped away.

"I'm a friend of Amber's," he said firmly, gritting his teeth as he allowed himself to be harrassed. It was not the truth - not the whole truth, at least - but Day would allow Amber to break things to him. It was the way he would've wanted it.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: but rye love isn't good love, boys; Did I ever tell you 'bout the time I - - by Grayday Sr. - October 14, 2016, 11:24 PM