Stone Circle Cry Me A River
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
She lives!
He missed it at first - survivor. All Day heard was their names, with a lot of fancy stuff he didn't really care for, but names that sounded like his own family at the front. Sunny. Dawn. A pretty little girl and a good old boy - he loved them already. Loved their mother, too. There wasn't anyone Day didn't love right then.

And then Amber spoke again, and the world came crashing down around him. Three gone. Three dead. Another daughter and two unknowns - Day cast his gaze around as if they would suddenly appear, but he knew already what most mothers did with stillborns. He didn't ask.

"Were they boys or girls?" he asked, voice trembling. "What - what'd they look like?"

It didn't matter, he knew. They were gone, and nothing would ever bring them back. In his family they were rarely spoken of beyond the night they were born, but Day knew that his parents had named the ones they lost, and had mourned them in their own time, away from the rest of the pack. He'd hear them talk about it late into the night when they thought he and his siblings were asleep, and he'd never understood it until now.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
Cry Me A River - by Amber - November 19, 2016, 01:14 AM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Grayday Sr. - November 19, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Amber - November 19, 2016, 01:53 PM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Sunny - November 19, 2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Dawn - November 26, 2016, 04:59 PM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Grayday Sr. - November 27, 2016, 01:26 AM
RE: Cry Me A River - by Sunny - November 27, 2016, 02:21 AM