Chimera Fields long intervals of horrible sanity
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
His sadness was all-enveloping. Falling into his brother’s embrace, Rannoch allowed the swallow him, just as the ocean had. His tears fell heavily as he found himself leaning deeper and deeper into his brothers embrace, as if he were attempting to lose himself in the scent of their beloved evergreen forest. It was only as Cypress spoke that Rannoch broke from the embrace to look at his brother. Despite the comfort the raven’s words provided, Rannoch’s crying did not cease. They only subsided as Cypress began to tell his tale, as Rannoch realized that he was disclosing information about their parents.

Guilt was added to the mixture as Cypress shared what had happened in the Benthos’ absence. A frown formed heavily at this, but didn’t dare to say anything. He had no room to speak, nor did he really want to, honestly. He wanted to hear what had happened in his absence. The only reply offered was a slow shake of his head at the mention of Kjalarr. Who? Soon enough even that thought, along with all of his other thoughts, as the raven told the tale of tragedy.

Grief gripped his heart as he imagined the scene vividly and though he wished to bury his head in his brother’s coat, he resisted. He had to be strong, even though it seemed nearly impossible in that moment. His ears flattened and his stomach churned as he watched the other prince vomit. And yet, the question he had asked himself rose again: how? How had his father been brought down by a bear? It didn’t make sense to the eldest prince.

“Cy--” he whined, words failing him again as he leaned into his brother. “I-I’m sorry,” His grief was prominent, driving his every word. “I just w-went to see Lucy and t-this wolf, S-Skelliege, captured me! He took m-me away and L-Lucy-- I haven’t seen her since.” His breath was growing ragged again as a realization overcame him.

“I-It’s my fault they’re dead.” The reality of it hit hard and he began to cry again. “It’s all my fault.” His voice was a whisper and he shut his eyes, as if he were enduring a great amount of pain in that moment.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 11:11 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 29, 2016, 11:26 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 12:01 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 29, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 09:54 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 30, 2016, 12:05 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 01, 2016, 02:46 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 01, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 01, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 01, 2016, 09:16 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 09:24 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 05, 2016, 09:35 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 10:19 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 05, 2016, 10:42 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 11:33 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - February 12, 2017, 02:50 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - February 12, 2017, 05:15 PM