Chimera Fields long intervals of horrible sanity
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
The silence that settled between the Frostfur brothers was thick, and Rannoch could not help but keep his eyes glued to his darker sibling. He observed Cypress while drawing his teeth to his bottom lip, Atshen chewed at the black flesh as he waited for any reply from his brother. There were butterflies in his chest, and the child's ears flattened as his heart raced as he waited for any indication of what Cypress was going to say.

Suddenly, a harsh laugh sounded, slicing through their silence and the large of the brothers felt his innards twist at what the Raven had to say. Her ears flattened, his eyes widened, and he found himself backpedaling a step each time that Cypress said something more hurtful. More emotions were quick to jump into the mess that had formed within him and by the point in which Cypress stated that he loved him. Turning quickly back to the conversation, with his ocean-like eyes ablaze, Rannoch felt an uncharacteristic sense of anger overtake all of his emotions. With the distance that the argent-haired boy had caused, Rannoch could only feel the distance that had been placed between them and the anger that the raven had created. 

Hot tears stemmed down his cheeks as Cypress' tirade ended and anguish overcame and at this point Rannoch could not feel sorry for his sibling, no, not after all that had been expressed. 

"Y-You don't love me!" He said, his anger apparent in his tone. "I-If you did, you w-woulda never said anything l-like that to me!" How dare he! After everything that he had been through! Who was Cypress to judge his decision and what was best for him? He took a step forward, a small growl bubbling in his throat as he looked to his "little teammate." "A-And I tried to wait b-but... Lucy! S-She was g-gone... I couldn't!" He shook his head then and his gaze lowered to the ground. He exhaled sharply as he attempted to get a hold of himself, and yet, he couldn't. He was all too mad about how Cypress had been treated to even care about him at this point. 

"You don't love me, Cypress. I-I thought you did b-but I was wrong. Tell the pack whatever you want... I don't care anymore." By this doing, his anger had vanished, and he was no longer angry. No, Rannoch was exhausted at this point, and his voice grew wearier at every word that followed.  "Neverwinter forest is no longer my home. Not without Maw an' P-Paw." The realization of his parent's death crashed upon him again, and he felt as though he had reached his emotional limit.

His shoulders quaked, tears rolled, and the child openly wept at what his life had become. He had never asked for any of this! No, he had only wanted to live in their forest, grow up, and make his parents proud. His desires in life had been simple, and yet somehow he had messed it all up. No, Lucy had. He growled at the thought of her and bowed his head in his shame. How could he have been so stupid to let somebody get in the way of his family like this? If it hadn't been for Lucy-- who knew how his family would be today! Putting his blame unfairly onto the blue-eyed girl of the Caldera, Rannoch looked to Cypress again and said nothing for quite some time. 

But the, finally, it came. "I-If you really loved me... you would understand why I have to do this. Why I have to go..." Rannoch turned suddenly to look behind him, and he exhaled as if letting go of the emotions that had gripped his heart in that whirlwind. He looked to his brother once more and smiled. "I love you Cypress... I always will..." and without another word, Rannoch turned tail quickly and began to run-- having no intention of stopping until he was far, far away.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 11:11 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 29, 2016, 11:26 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 12:01 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 29, 2016, 02:23 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - November 29, 2016, 09:54 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - November 30, 2016, 12:05 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 01, 2016, 02:46 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 01, 2016, 04:32 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 01, 2016, 07:46 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 01, 2016, 09:16 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 09:24 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 05, 2016, 09:35 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 10:19 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - December 05, 2016, 10:42 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - December 05, 2016, 11:33 AM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Rannoch’s Ghost - February 12, 2017, 02:50 PM
RE: long intervals of horrible sanity - by Cypress - February 12, 2017, 05:15 PM