Coconut Grove pineapples in her hair
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
“The tears of the gods, you say?” 

The fae shifted her body, leaning towards Sadie and crooking her eyebrow in interest. Olive liked the way this woman spoke, with zest and color and earnest. Her gaze sought the lass’s and Olive searched for any sort of fabrication. But the spunky Sadie seemed, at least to the druid, sincere. Sadie’s advent had been jocular [when no one had been looking] and that quality of character had not changed throughout the course of their conversation. This authenticity not only made the confession of her piratetude all that more alluring, but Olive felt that she wanted to be honest to her [not that Olive was ever anything but].

“I, I don’t really understand.” Olive grimaced at her naïveté, unable to truly wrap her arms around this concept.  As a naturalist who often sought stories, knowledge and wisdom from others, Olive was familiar with the idea of psychoactive vegetation. It produced euphoric sensations when consumed and often came in the form of mushrooms, or flowers [at least she had been told]. But a fruit, like the coconut she had just finished ravishing? Would the new fruit Olive consumed soon have her rolling amongst the light dusting of snow and sand, as if she was underneath a hot and heavy sun?

Of that, Olive was not deeply concerned. She were much too interested in the botany of it all, It was beautiful to think about: the earth and its flora so clearly connecting and influencing a person’s spirit.  What a truly divine connection! Olive, a wolf who primarily subsisted off of a vegetarian diet [much to the dismay of Dakarai, who strove to keep her plump with meat] had never heard of this and was curious.“How does a fruit make you feel all of these wonderful things?” If Sadie had any more information about this phenomenon, Olive would root it out.

“Do you have any?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 27, 2016, 11:07 AM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 27, 2016, 10:31 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 28, 2016, 02:03 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 28, 2016, 07:27 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 29, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Sadie - December 29, 2016, 09:21 PM
RE: pineapples in her hair - by Olive - December 30, 2016, 01:02 PM