Lost Creek Hollow don't wait up
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
It was a shitty situation all around. Grayday was still angry, but he was always angry, nowadays. He found that, with some effort, there was still room left in his heart to feel bad for Chaska. To wish him well.

And Day didn't want to track him down - it seemed to much like betrayal - but he kept his eyes open as he went out that day, toward the shadowy stand of trees in the distance. When he squinted, he could see this place from the Circle, and he'd always wondered what it was like. Today was the day he'd find out, and if he happened to cross paths with Chaska on the way, well, he'd count it all as joy.

The trees here were taller than Easthollow's. Thicker and uglier, too. Day paused by the first to sniff at its base, wondering if Mara would benefit from the different plant life in this area. Maybe he would bring her out, next time. Or maybe he could bring back some samples. Either way. He logged the scents at the tree and moved on, trotting briskly through the forest as if he were there for some reason other than just to have a look around.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska lie curled up by one of the trees of the areas he was at. He hadn't eaten anything since he had been denied. He blamed himself for everything that had happened. All his fault. His fault. 

He smelt the scent of Grayday. It confused him as to why he would be out here, and stayed hidden for a moment. But soon, decided to come out a little bit from behind a tree. He had become rather skinny from not eating, and was not sure of what to think of Grayday being out here. He peeked his head out, eyes on the wolf he once called friend.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Motion drew his eyes at once, but it still took the male a moment to recognize a face through the pale trees and snow. And it took a moment more to recognize that face as Chaska's. A growl he didn't know had been rumbling in his chest died down, and abruptly, all the anger seemed to leak out of Grayday's body. Chaska'd made some of the same mistakes as he had. As Adeline had.

Sometimes sins were just measured differently.

"I'll talk to Steady," he said, the words billowing out in a white sigh. "I don't know if I can change his mind, but if things get too bad before winter ends, it might be worth it to check back. I won't go against Steady, but I would do my best to keep the peace, and to steer him toward forgiveness."

But he would need time; Chaska was better off trying his luck somewhere else. Day would try to keep track of him, and if Steady ever swayed, maybe they would know where to find the scarred male.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska's face softened. Always a good friend, Grayday was. Even after the storyteller had wronged them, Day was most kind. Chaska dipped his head in thanks. He felt that he had much to say, but found no way of saying it. Afraid his words would only turn things against him once more. But he soon found the strength to speak to Day, after everything.

"You have always been a good friend" he said, a light smile forming across his lip. It quickly vanished. "I only wish I returned the favor. To you, to Steady. To everyone."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day longed to pad forward and offer the other male an embrace, but he knew better than to return to the territory smelling like his former packmate. It wouldn't help Chaska's case and it wouldn't help Grayday, either. Instead, he was quick to accept the apology that Chaska had been offering.

"I've forgiven you," he assured his friend. "We've all made mistakes - you just made yours with a woman who let you follow," he sighed, alluding to his own failed search for Amber. "And Addie, Kryp, Mara... Steady's just hurt, Chas." They'd all been hurt. "You've been with us so long, and everyone was so wary of Mirabelle. She didn't exactly make the best impressions. It took everyone by surprise when they found out you were siding with her."

Day himself had been fond of her, but this wasn't about Mirabelle, for him.

"A pack shouldn't be like that, anyway. Choosing sides and all. It's been a rough time for everyone, and tempers are high..." They just needed time. They just needed to heal. "I'll talk to him, okay?"
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska too wanted to go over to Day, but knew it would not be the best of ideas, having the same in mind. He didn't want to hurt any trust between Steady and Day. 

Steady was indeed hurt. Since Fitzdutiful's death, he no doubt had been hurting. Since Odette had left, he had been hurting. And Chaska leaving only made it worse for him. He wished he could comfort him, tell him a soothing tale. But that would not happen, not now. "I fell for her too easily...It may have been desperation, or perhaps just some kind of instinct. I understand what I did was wrong." But that wouldn't help him now.

"Thank you...I wish I could do more to help, but as things are, it may be best to keep my distance." He would no doubt linger around, perhaps settle in a nearby pack somewhere. He didn't want to go back to the one he settled in with Evelyn, he would only be reminded of her. Plus, he had left without a word. Coming back out of nowhere wouldn't do him good. "I may stick around nearby. Find a temporary place."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"If anything changes, I'll try to find you," Day vowed. This much, he could promise his friend. Day didn't know if it was possible to change Steady's mind, but he knew that, if he suceeded in doing so, he'd go out and look for Chaska himself. "If you do stay nearby, I'll be able to track you down. I know there's a pack in the mountains on the other side of the Wapun Meadow."

He knew because he'd met two of their women, and because his own children might soon be born into said pack. "I don't know how friendly they are on a whole, but the ones that I've met have been peaceful."
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska nodded. This was a lot of risk Day was taking for him, and he couldn't ever be more thankful for Day doing so. Nonetheless, if anything happened to Day, Chas would never forgive himself. "This pack. What is their name?" he asked, tilting his head on it's side. If Day had met some that were peaceful, than Chas could surely make it, for the time being at least. "I'll check with them when I can."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day shook his head, indicating his ignorance on the subject. "They never said. We didn't, uh, talk much," he admitted. "But they should be pretty close to Wapun Meadow. Just west, maybe north a bit."

His nose had told him as much, but no more. The strange women had told him even less, aside from giving him a sample of the pack's scent. Regardless of their intimate encounter with the shewolf, they'd skirted around the scent of her pack when they came near it, and thus, Grayday could offer only a rough estimate of its location. "Best of luck to you, brother," he said, then, deciding that exploring the hollow could wait until another day. Until Chaska had moved on, more like. The beta offered a sorry dip of his head and then turned away, not liking the way his heart tugged in two directions, now.
What's Mine is Ours
586 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Chaska started to wonder what kind of encounter it was, but then pushed the thought aside. Day wouldn't tell him of a pack worthwhile if it had dangerous members. "West, and a bit north. Got it."

"The same to you." He hoped that Day wouldn't get himself on Steady's bad side. Steady was a good wolf, but he would hate to see Grayday sent away as well. He dipped his head in farewell, a faint smile on his face then headed in the direction Day had told him, thoughts entering and exiting his mind. He was thankful it was not a bitter farewell, and that he would one day see his friend again.