Emberwood swallows circling with their shimmering sound
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It wasn't a cold night, but the breeze suddenly felt like needles against his skin, and she was a column of fire against his throat, the outline of her body somewhere between high fantasy and the most sobering reality he'd ever known. She spoke sweet, teasing words, and he laughed, but part of him was still screaming inside. That he was. That he couldn't. That he would.

"You are," he replied, because he'd never met anyone like her even if he didn't count her ethereal appearance. She was one in a million, but he was still a dumbass. He was still in love with Adeline. His heart was still pulling him in a thousand different directions. But Akuti was there beside him, warm and sweet-smelling.

"I won't," he murmured. "I promise."

It was too early for him to know whether or not this was a lie, but there was a sick, sinking feeling in his gut as he spoke the words. Grayday tucked his nose into her fur and breathed in her scent, hoping to dispell the feeling. Gradually, it began to abate.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: swallows circling with their shimmering sound - by Grayday Sr. - March 12, 2017, 12:42 AM