Morningside Cuesta maybe there is someone else in my body, at night
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
I'm tired and hopped up on coffee. I apologize for this post.
Once again, the sterling male felt a twinge of discomfort deep in his chest as Akuti spoke of his children. He did not like that she was so familiar with them when they were his - even though it was only natural, when she'd been forced so tragically to depart from her own brood. But Grayday had no desire to be accomodating. Not when it came to Sunny and Dawn.

The only thing that kept him from saying so was a quickly-growing affection that swelled in his heart as soon as she reiterated her promise to stay. He knew he was growing dependant on her, and while it did not please him, he was willing to overlook the folly of it in favor of the solace it brought him.

"Good," he said, trying to put all of his gratitude and wonder into that one word. Good, but what he meant was thank youYou don't know what this means to me. He thought fleetingly (wistfully) of Valette and Krypton, but he had left them behind, and there was only Akuti to support him in this strange territory. Small stature aside, Grayday thought that it might be enough.

Slowly, he settled into her, pressing back against her touch so that she, too, would know that he wanted to be there, with her, even though she could also be difficult (trouble, noise). He'd always been intrigued by and drawn to the diminutive shewolf, and this strange and steady pulse of peace she brought him was simply a new faucet of what he had always recognized about her. Akuti was special. Difficult and entirely vexing at times, but special nonetheless. And, somehow, the peace didn't help sait the ever-present and ever-frustrating attraction he felt toward the woman, even though the milkscent had long since faded. That had increased considerably since that awful roller coaster of a night a few weeks before.

But Grayday could ignore that. As far as he was concerned, his chance to pursue a physical relationship with Akuti had ended there. He'd screwed it up, and besides, he didn't know how to go from whatever this was to hey, I really want to take you into the hills and go at it like a pair of rabbits.

In his experience, things had always happened the other way around.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: maybe there is someone else in my body, at night - by Grayday Sr. - March 21, 2017, 10:45 PM