Moonspear you wouldn’t leave 'til we loved in the morning
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
[table width=85%][tr][td]
She and her mate were so in tune that Dakarai saw through the facade of her words almost immediately; saw straight through the parts of her that wished to hide and conceal the truth to glimpse the uncomfortable honesty that lay beneath. The knight challenged her in this way; challenged her as all twin flames do, broadening the other’s horizons until their world was not something they recognized, but something better altogether. Soul mates were not those who possessed the same qualities, she had come to learn, but those who stand in opposition of you and force you to grow — even if that growth resulted from the eventual end of the relationship. 

He asked her if she knew they were mean to be; if she understood the gravity of their coupling and what they stood to lose. Olive did know, knew it better than most. She and Dakarai were beings of light and energy, born of the same supernova that had grown too hot, traveled across space and time to manifest and reunite upon earth, in these bodies. How often did this happen? In the grand scheme of the universe, not very often. “We are meant to be,” she moaned and swung her head dolefully. “I know this in my heart.” 

She peered up to him, her stelliforous gaze, ready to tell him her truth.“but—“ Her voice, delicate and soft, shifted pitch as a wave of heartache broke atop her. The druid could see that he was hurting, that she was hurting him, and could not bear one more second of it. His love for her was what brought him pain. He would gladly give his life for her, this she knew, and the innocent man trusted not to abuse his faith in her. But she was not a good shepherd, to believe that she knew Dakarai’s future better than the gods.

She would no longer be so narcissistic.

The downy face looked at her husband and felt lover flare in her chest, quickly followed by a pang of sadness. The dagger stuck in her heart wrenched, and she let out a gasp, then a sob, then a deluge of tears. ”but, but” she stammered, ” but, we are not long for this world. We are too good; to pure… our devotion throws off the balance of the w-world.” She took a heaving breath, looked up at him with such sadness that is physically hurt her, and rushed to meet him where he stood. Wife embraced husband fully, wholly, even the tip on her tail coming round her body to drape across his tall withers. ”The universe keeps knocking us around, because we threaten it’s very foundation.“ she whispered, words muffled from the thick fur that wrapped his shoulders and chest.

“The sadness won’t stop until the balance is restored.”

Once it was out, Olive found the words wouldn’t stop bubbling from her mouth. There was so much to say, so much to make his understand! So many feelings of dread and so many whispers in the back of her mind saying this is wrong. But she knew it was the way it had to be; the gods had told her. How much more would they risk before they learned to listen to the wisdoms of those far superior than they? “I can only be devoted to one, not two… the stars, they are selfish fools! They have every power to strip us of everything until our lives are, too, taken from us.” The wastrel still cried into his shoulder, but she rocked the side of her head against his collarbone, to reach up and trace the strong line of his jaw with her pink tongue, to silently tell him i know. i feel it too.

“But the stars don’t lie, my love. I dreamt this… the— they put the picture in my head, all those months ago. You remember, don’t you? Crimson pawsteps in the snow? It all came true. You said it wouldn’t, but it came true. You said so,” the words became thick in her mouth, spoken between her heaving sobs. “but it came true.”

[/td][/tr][/table]
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: you wouldn’t leave 'til we loved in the morning - by Olive - April 23, 2017, 09:11 PM