Morningside Cuesta I watch the bees.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"I'm proud of you," he said firmly, taking a step toward the young boy. His heart ached to hear how badly he'd failed his son, and looking back, he began to see all the times he could have done things differently.

"Have I hurt you so badly that you need to run away?" he asked softly, eare drooping. "That you would rather be with your aunt and uncle than me?" Clearly, this was the case. "I'm trying to do better, my boy, but your old dad is an idiot. I'm sorry I've made you think I feel anything but pride for who you are and who you are becoming, but I can't let you just run off to live at Easthollow."

Aside from the awful idea of his son being so far away, he didn't want to burden Steady and Valette - who should soon be raising pups of their own - with a son that he was meant to be raising. "We'll visit, okay? Every week, if you want to. But you're my son, and my responsibility."

He did not answer the question about Dawn, believing Sunny was merely asking in order to say goodbye to her as well. Grayday had, of course, noticed she was sometimes mysteriously absent,  but she always turned back up before he got too worried. He expected these things of his children, as they were growing older each day, but going off to live in Easthollow for good was quite different from exploring the surrounding territories for a few days at a time.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 22, 2017, 03:30 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 23, 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:06 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:12 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:22 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:31 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 02:22 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 25, 2017, 09:55 PM