Morningside Cuesta I watch the bees.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The day had finally come. Sunny had realized that Grayday had no real authority over him. He'd never purposefuly injure one of his children, and aside from using force, how else could he keep his son by his side? Different options and scenarios whirled through the father's mind, but he remained rooted to the ground as Sunny spoke and then fled just as quickly. It was clear to him that there would be no happy ending, here  - at least not for Grayday. But even if he couldn't stop his son, he would never let him go alone. Filed with fear and love, the male bounded after his young son, opting to take a shortcut around the bushes he'd fled into. Though there was a greater chance of him losing the trail that way, it was faster than trying to follow him through them. Besides, he knew the way to Easthollow - he'd surely catch up without trouble.

The shoutcut took him over clusters and crags of sun-warmed rocks. It was risky to be leaping across them with his poor eyesight, but Grayday didn't care for his own safety on this day. He kept going even when he felt a strange and sudden pressure in his left flank, and heard the telltale rattle of danger. His heart thumped unevenly for a moment, but in the absence of pain, he thunder onward, intent on reaching his son and... doing something. But he'd only travelled a few more seconds before hot pain began to throb on his flank, and moments later, it seemed to spread and burn through his very veins. Rattlesnake, he thought desperately, slowing slightly to look back at the wound. The only thing visible through his fur was a small dribble of blood - nothing else to hint at the severity of this ailment. He'd seen wolves die of snake bites, of course, but he'd also seen them live through it. As he came to a stop, he tried to think of what to do, panting in pain and exertion. When he stopped moving, the pain seemed to grow more intense, so he tried to keep on going - but his legs were not cooperating, his body was cramping, his heart -

"Sunny!" he shouted, sinking to the ground on shaking legs. "Sunny, come back here!"
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 22, 2017, 03:30 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 23, 2017, 11:57 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:06 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:12 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 12:22 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 24, 2017, 12:31 AM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 24, 2017, 02:22 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Grayday Sr. - April 25, 2017, 03:42 PM
RE: I watch the bees. - by Sunny - April 25, 2017, 09:55 PM