Moonspear but i know that i love you so
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Still recovering and still half numbed, physically and mentally, from the whole event (and all leading up to it), she knew it would take time for her to get back into the swing of things with newborns around again. When they whined, she groomed and mussed over them, until they'd either feed again or sleep. Repeat endlessly, day after day, until they grew stronger.. Knowing roughly what to expect with them after successfully rearing her last litter did grant her a greater confidence than when they had been brand new, so she wouldn't even worry about them badly right now so long as they had all breathed, had eaten, and stayed clean—even the two that were somewhat smaller than what she was used to, but understandably, her robust daughters from the prior litter had set a high standard.

Her eyes were half-lidded and she was making no big moves for as long as she could, unwilling to disturb the relative quiet too soon. If a puppy shifted, she'd take care of it as needed but her motions were slow and waning towards too tired to give a shit. Now and then, there was a peep from one of them, but so long as nothing escalated she let it be, and tried to rest and recuperate with all of her might. After all, it had been a long tedious day.

When she heard Charon's chuff, she had been dozing with her head on her paws and it brought her right to attention. She straightened at the sight of him peeking in, and stifled her low groan when she did shift her whole self enough. Delicately, she unfurled enough to grant him a better sight of them, although she was quite content to keep him where he was: at the threshold. However this would surely be an ease to his mind to know that all seemed well enough, that they lived, and she was just worn out and sore. "Four, three girls." she pressed her snout against each lined up in order. "One boy." He book-ended the row, with the two darker ones together and the softer-shaded duo closer to her elbow.

Amekaze switched her tail, glad it that step was done with, and happy that they could all move forward together now. If she lingered on the thought too long, in a tired, addled, hormonal mindset encouraged by the heavy scent of milk and puppies, she wanted to feel so strangely overwhelmed—here, having established all of this that the mountain had seen it fit for her to have.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Messages In This Thread
but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 10, 2017, 03:07 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Charon - May 10, 2017, 05:33 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Galaxy - May 10, 2017, 08:21 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Vela - May 10, 2017, 09:11 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 10, 2017, 11:52 PM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Charon - May 11, 2017, 07:11 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Hydra - May 11, 2017, 07:18 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Alya - May 11, 2017, 09:13 AM
RE: but i know that i love you so - by Amekaze - May 14, 2017, 04:05 AM