Morningside Cuesta and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He hadn't moved from his spot all night, though he'd adjusted his position a few times, as different parts of his body went stiff or numb. Presently, he was leaned up against the rotting log that guarded the entrance of the den, blinking against the sunlight that was now glaring straight into his eyes.

The whole night had been spent in deep thought, his emotions cycling repeatedly through guilt, anger, desolation, and self-pity. Sometimes he couldn't believe Akuti, and sometimes he couldn't believe himself. Things had seemed so mixed up and rotten - a total one-eighty from the way things had been when they'd gone to bed. Half the time, he couldn't make heads or tails of it no matter how much he ruminated.

When morning came, he'd reached no conclusions. He was still hurt and angry, despite all efforts not to be. Soon enough, he began to hear movements from the den - Khoe, getting the children up and cleaned and fed. He wanted to go and help, but after last night, he felt unwelcome.

He cleared his throat. "Mornin'," he said, forcing his voice to be normal.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
RE: and maybe i talk too much but there's so much to say - by Grayday Sr. - July 12, 2017, 12:10 AM