Morningside Cuesta you have problems but so do i
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's tail wagged in idle pleasure. He was glad he could do something to make her happy, even if it was just suggesting a trip. He knew she wasn't wholly pleased with him, even if he wasn't quite sure why. It was just one of those things, he supposed. There were things that he would change about her, if he could, but that didn't make him any less committed to the relationship. It was clear to him that she was trying, and for him, that would be enough.

But Khoe wanted a fairy tale. It was something he'd come to realize, lately. Something about him wasn't what she dreamed of, and though his own dreams had alarmed Khoe, Grayday couldn't fault the woman for her own.

He'd found out with Amber that he didn't need her whole heart in order to have a happy life. As long as she was good and kind to him, and as long as she nurtured their children, and as long as she was happy - Grayday didn't really mind what she did in her freetime. He was sure he'd feel differently if it were someone like Adeline, but then, not even he could predict what he would be willing to do for her.

"Heartha?" he asked, unable to see the connection for a moment. Belatedly, he realized that Khoe, too, had done the math. Heartha's children wouldn't be ready to move for several months after his children were. "I've been thinkin' that... maybe we ought to move sooner," he revealed. "As long as we take our time, there's no reason our kids couldn't make the trip a month early - and we're not in any hurry. But if they're born and we still haven't moved... I don't think we can wait for them to grow up. Either they die on the journey, or they die here in the winter - but we're not going to stick around to see that."

It was harsh, but it was reality. Heartha had known about their plans to move before she'd gone and mated. He'd even told her she'd have to wait, and the woman hadn't listened.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
you have problems but so do i - by Bhediya - July 27, 2017, 04:05 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Grayday Sr. - July 28, 2017, 10:56 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Bhediya - July 28, 2017, 11:16 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Grayday Sr. - July 28, 2017, 11:33 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Bhediya - July 28, 2017, 11:55 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Grayday Sr. - July 30, 2017, 10:06 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Bhediya - July 30, 2017, 10:25 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Grayday Sr. - July 30, 2017, 10:54 PM
RE: you have problems but so do i - by Bhediya - July 30, 2017, 11:14 PM