Whitefish River find me in the moonlight
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The parallel brought a flickering smile to Grayday's face. "Did it work?" he asked before he could stop himself. She didn't seem very angry to him, but he'd only just met her. Maybe they had more in common that he could've guessed.

It was easy for the world to shift, and for him to see Dawn laying beside him instead. Moonstone probably wasn't too much older than his daughter, and was certainly young enough to be Grayday's child either way. And while Moonstone was refined in ways that he was certain Dawn would never be, he still saw bits and pieces of the beloved girl in Moonstone's brashness, and in her pretty smile.

"Hopefully Dawn'll be back soon, and you'll get to meet her," he said. "She needs a girl her age around." He frowned, remembering his failed attempt to recruit a friend for her in Genie.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Had she been asked a month or two ago, Moonstone would have given a solid Yes! without hesitation, but those were less complicated times. It definitely helped, she sighed, hinting that there were still some kinks to be worked out. I'd love to meet her, she said, suddenly taken from her grim reflections to a beaming grin. Making friends was one thing that Moonstone was particularly good at, but it had been some time since she'd made one around her own age. She yawned, smacked her lips a few times, then excused herself with an apologetic laugh. Maybe by the time she gets back, I'll be more well rested. I might have to sneak away for some sleep soon.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday thumped his tail in response to that. He was a bit tired, himself. "Most of us sleep right around here. This is the deepest part of the forest, and the ground is the softest here," he told her, standing up and stretching out his limbs. "I, of course, sleep on a bed made out of puppies, being the king and all."

He retreated to said bed and began to arrange the children into a more comfortable formation, not wanting to squish anyone as he curled himself around the puppy-pile. He shot Moonstone a smile and thumped his tail again, inviting her to cuddle, if she wanted. It wasn't necessary, this early in the season, but by wintertime, they'd all need to be comfortable curling up together.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
49 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Moonstone smiled and nodded in agreement to his invitation, finding the parental comfort to be somewhat, well, comforting. Grayday, obviously being much older than Moonstone was, seemed like more of a potential father figure than anything, so she had no problem snuggling up with him and the three adorable pups. It was a bit of a struggle to find the most relaxing position, but once she'd managed to, she stretched and popped each of her joints before settling down into a slumber.