Moonspear all i heard, all that sound.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
With each passing day, Rannoch's recovery slowly progressed. Though he was getting out and about more often, the turquoise-eyed Iota's pain was still consistent. The once-tender flesh of his gullet was now stiff; the side effect of the gnarly scar that formed along the width of his throat. Rannoch still found that most activities were either difficult or winded him quickly and whenever either of these outcomes occurred, he found himself back in the den with a stern scolding from Lyra. 

He needed to pace himself, she had urged. 
He needed to rest, she persisted. 

Despite his better judgement, which wholeheartedly agreed with Lyra's recommendations, Rannoch found himself wanting to push himself harder so that he could slip away for a day. Since consciousness had reclaimed his being, he had found himself with a piece of his heart missing, and he knew who could fit perfectly into the void: Liffey. Since Hydra had reported that she had not been at the Vale, Rannoch had been worried sick about her. Though it was plausible that she had merely been out scouting, as she had done when they both lived at the Vale, Rannoch worried that Vaati had gotten her, too. He would find himself awake at the most peculiar hours of the night, fretting away about where she was and what she was doing. Rannoch missed her more than he did Cypress, more than his former pack and he knew that before he could feel normal again, he would have to find her. 

But, somehow, before he had been able to recover fully, she had found him. 

He had been with @Hydra before finding himself too tired to carry on in that instance, and within minutes of parting ways with the Beta, he found himself asleep. It was only with near-by voices roused him from his sleeping that the former Alpha opened his eyes to discover what all the commotion was about. In that moment, in which Rannoch caught sight of Liffey at his doorstep, that he lost his breath for a moment as he looked to the fire-eyed woman. 

"Liffey?" he croaked incredulously, his voice much rougher than she would have recalled. It was as though he was lucidly dreaming and he felt he would wake in a matter of minutes to realize that it had been all but a dream. But even with this suspicion, Rannoch knew that he couldn't hesitate any longer and that he needed to see for himself whether or not she was real. 

Quickly, albeit weakly, he stood and headed in her direction as the once-gentle rapt of his heart intensified. As he drew nearer, and her familiar scent grew stronger, Rannoch started to doubt the likeliness of this occurrence being nothing but a dream. This had to be real, he told himself, and soon he believed it to be true; he was awake and what was going on was real. At this realization, a low whine, which brought pain to his expression, crept out of his mouth. But, despite the pain, he couldn't help himself; he had missed her so damn much. 

"Liffey!" a rush of emotion overcame him, and he pushed himself out of the foyer of the den and towards her passionately. His tail whipped at his haunches, and his ears fell as he slunk towards her with nothing but love in his eyes. Once Rannoch was before her, he boldly pushed his nose to the soft velvet of her pale cheek as he drank in the scent he had longed for, and it was from these comforts in which he found himself carried away by the moment. 

"Oh, Liffey, I missed you so much," he confessed, his voice hitched by the pain that talking caused him. He slid his nose up towards her ear so that he could confess to her what he had been holding in for so long; what their time apart had made him realize. "I love you so much, Liffey and I'm so glad you're here." his voice was quiet as these words were only for her. 

For now, the Cerebus went unnoticed as he found himself swept away in the sweet symphony of their reunion.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
Messages In This Thread
all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 22, 2017, 05:11 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 23, 2017, 04:34 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 05:25 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 05:56 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 06:21 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 07:30 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 24, 2017, 08:13 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 24, 2017, 08:35 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 24, 2017, 09:26 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 25, 2017, 02:27 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Lyra - September 25, 2017, 09:22 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 25, 2017, 06:26 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Alya - September 26, 2017, 01:44 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 26, 2017, 12:37 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 27, 2017, 04:40 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 27, 2017, 08:48 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - September 27, 2017, 09:45 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - September 28, 2017, 02:40 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - September 29, 2017, 11:48 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Rannoch’s Ghost - October 06, 2017, 09:39 AM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Charon - October 23, 2017, 03:14 PM
RE: all i heard, all that sound. - by Liffey - October 29, 2017, 06:54 PM