Dragoncrest Cliffs thelma and louise drove off a cliff... so be careful
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Thankfully, whatever she told Rose about Drageda, is enough to sway Dio. Of course, it’s not the final say. Heda has to make that call and it’s fair. Rose at least has a chance and if she gets Dio’s approval, then it shouldn’t be too hard with a head start to get Heda’s. She can show some others she’s good at what she does and it’s not an empty gesture by the time the commander comes around. Her tail begins to wave back and forth as the wocha asks if there’s anything else they need of him and her silence does the answering for her, but she leaves it to Blixen and Rose to decide if there’s anything else that needs to be said.

i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

blix can't stop her ears from twitching slightly, a faintly cross, faintly guilty expression briefly passing her face. a bit like a family, furi said to rose. drageda is a bit like a family - not just because she's blood related to half of 'em - but... 

augh, well, dio makes the decision easily enough and blix stands by, head lowered slightly. there's nothing else here for her to do but she doesn't want to be the first to walk away, so she waits, fidgeting slightly, until the rest take leave before she'll resume her patrol, still fuming.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
fire queen
271 Posts
Ooc — Kara
A spec of happiness came with the male’s acceptance and Rose felt comfort in the fact that she wouldn’t be alone anymore. It wasn’t that she minded the solitary life, but it got lonely after a while and it would be nice to have a bit of company in the colder months. Yet it seemed she had one final test to pass before she could officially call herself one of them. A commander, who she assumed to be the alpha, still needed to approve of her. However it seemed she still had a bit of time before that final obstacle which was a relief.

Her ears gave a twitch when he asked if she had any further questions, to which she answered with a shake of her head. She couldn’t think of anything on the spot, but if something came up she’d be sure to ask him or Furi about it later. Speaking of Furi, Rose looked over and gave her new friend a smile, thankful that she had brought her here despite the complications they had come across. She’d have to make it up to her somehow, but for now the yearling stood patiently, ready to listen and follow whoever might show her around.
i'm the architect of my own destruction
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
His offer of more specific information was declined, and frankly, he understood. It was a lot and he didn't always like extending such inclusive welcomes in the first place, not without the commander even remotely nearby to have her judgement involved--so hard telling exactly how permanent this may end up being if it didn't end up being the right fit. Too many wolves just came and went, even after a hopeful enough first impression, and he wasn't overly keen on being too forward too soon because of that.

But, if she had friends here and could establish her bonds, it would all just encourage her to fit in more and therefore, stay long enough to truly become Drageda. He hoped Thuringwethil would find her worthy, and just as much, that she would have something tangible to show for the chance given to her. She had time to get settled, though, and he believed this could be time well spent if she craved it badly enough. Even the meek Eljay had managed to worm his way into their fold, so he was finding fewer reasons to doubt her as the seconds passed. "Alright. Well, the commander will be back soon, so get situated in the meantime." He did not intend to let on that he couldn't say when, exactly, although he wanted to know for sure that it was sooner rather than later. It was best she think it was just as soon as he hoped it would be. "She'll be easier to convince the more you've proven yourself," he mentioned. He'd pass on all that he could, but a good first impression would still be key.

The wocha could go on, about the ins and outs of who was important, where the bulk of the pack slept, and the basics of how it worked for new recruits--down to where their expectations would eventually reach. For the time being, he would only provide as much as necessary. She didn't seem in need of an excessive barrage of it all. "Furi--could you show her some good spots?" he asked when he began to sense this was approaching a point of thorough enough, knowing the scout had a pretty good scope of the land, and most importantly knew how it was for an outsider integrating in to their fold. Blixen, he didn't mention for now to let the fire-coated girl take it or leave it, although if she didn't slip away before it was all said and done, she could round patrols off with him.
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Sorry for the delay! I'm just gonna wrap this up here? <3

As things come to an end as smoothly as they can, Furi allows herself to relax a little. She can feel Blixen’s upset still but the worst of it is over and Dio puts things into her paws to do the honors. At first, she doesn’t move, dipping her head toward the wocha and taking a step closer to her new friend. She wants to look back at Blixen but she keeps her eyes forward, pointing Rose in the direction she chooses. Prior to all this, she had wanted Blixen to tag along, sure that this hadn’t been a bad thing, but as she walks away she tries to swim against the sinking feeling in her stomach.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes