Tuktu Weir I hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I will keep that in mind," Wraen replied and almost asked, if the said grandson was a handsome fellow, but she managed to catch that Mephistophelian (because her writer thinks that this is the best synonym to "devilish") thought in time and snap it in two. Since most parents thought their kids were beautiful no matter, how many warts and crooked legs they had, she thought that Burke would most likely tell twice as much, how great his young peer was. 

"I do? I hear that now and then," though not always in the most positive light. Somehow - whenever she spoke with Charon about Osprey - she got the vibe that even though she had been his friend, he did not hold high regard for most characteristics she had had. "Not exactly. And we are definitely not the same. I mean - caldera wolves eat rocks and snarl at people," she said, though she had met exactly one wolf from there and it had been pretty normal. 

"She did, of course," Wraen huffed. "But you know it is pretty hard to tell someone, how to navigate in a country that someone has never seen before. She tried - no doubt - and I ended up, where I wanted to, but still... I did not see half of the landmarks she mentioned," like "pass the tree that looks like a broken tail" - really? Which one of the ten you meant? Or "you will see a mountain that looks like jaws" - the one I saw, had some jaws missing. And so on. 

"But I deduce that I can get back, can I?" she asked.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I hate to look into those eyes and see an ounce of pain - by Wraen - December 27, 2017, 08:23 AM