Neverwinter Forest he had teeth like a military cemetery and i fell in love instantly
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
This is open to any Drageda wolf that wants to cameo or participate. But for @Eske!

Furi hasn’t been this far from Drageda since she’d first arrived. She’s traveled the surrounding territories and a few beyond, but for the most part she’s stayed close. A lot of what she sees past the big river leading out to the ocean is unfamiliar to her until she reaches the fields that border neverwinter forest where Eske found her. Her gait slows down once she sees the tree line that acts as a border, looking around at the others as they continue to march on.

Even though she’s spent the last few months with these wolves, she feels weirdly out of place. It isn’t the moment to try and sort her feelings as they travel to their next stop, but she often can’t get Blixen’s voice out of her head. Outsider. She has to tell herself it wasn’t directed at her and as she looks at the other wolves traveling with them, it doesn’t really help. All the wolves, except for maybe one, is as much of Drageda as the other.

Her stomach churns, having not eaten in a few days, and she glances to Wanlida, whom is nearest to her, but quiet. Blixen is up ahead with Heda and the others are between them, a few scattered around for eyes and ears on the outer reaches of the group.

Furi moves closer to Eske and nudges her for attention. @Hvitserk is further ahead and far enough away from them that she doesn’t feel weird quietly asking, “what’s his deal?”
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske feels the nudge and tears her eyes from Hvitserk — evidently she will not get her wish that she could burn him alive just from glaring at him — to look at Furi as her second joins her. Eske does not hide her bristle of annoyance as Furi inquires after Hvitserk. He is the one thing that Wanlida would rather not talk about — in truth she’d been perfectly content assuming that she’d never see him or her sisters ever again and is surprised that he bothered to return at all. He’d always been preoccupied with being so far up perfect Freyja’s ass that Eske is genuinely surprised ( beyond her desire to kill him ) that he isn’t still with her. Maybe one day Eske would ask him if they survive the war, and if she doesn’t want to tear his throat from his body every time she so much as glimpses at him. She’s already imagined plenty of ways she could attack him from behind as they move towards the Caldera but it is Heda’s presence and Heda only that stills Eske’s dark ambitions. “He is a Branwoda. A traitor,” She spits the word, not bothering to speak it discreetly.

“He should not be here. He should not even be in Drageda.” It was the only thing that Eske disagreed with Thuringwethil on. She did not trust her Commander’s judgement on her brother and is still unable to understand why she did not kill him when he tucked tail and ran away trailing behind Freyja as her precious little pet as he always had. Eske hates him. She hates Thyri and she hates Freyja whose betrayal had stung her the most as they had grown closer. “He should be food for the crows and he knows it.” Eske cannot think unbiasedly about Hvitserk and perhaps she is not the best person to explain what had happened. She does not know the details and does not care to. She has no use for explanations: she believes what she believes about her turncoat siblings and she would take her grudge against them to her grave (a trait she inherited from Thistle, aha).
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
25 Posts
Ooc —
Although it was not clear from its expression, the bird was highly pleased to be getting more information on the young man that Heda had accepted the other day. It was one of the other newcomers, Furi, that had proven useful in this. The bird had begun to keep watch over anyone who did not seem adept at speaking the Commander's strange tongue.

But it was by accident that Adriel had gleaned this information. Its roost had been disturbed by the conversation going on down below, and while it was tired from all its stalking, it still found the strength to blink open sleepy eyes an observe the shewolves down below.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
There’s a few seconds before Eske answers that Furi suddenly regrets it. Something is wrong and it takes a moment for everything to click into place, as much as she can/ His place in Drageda isn’t as secure as others but she does not expect a reaction. She assumed the initial tension with Wanlida has been because of the war for one reason or another, but as she explains her displeasure about him she doesn’t know what to think. Heda had let him in for whatever reason that Eske doesn’t agree with. What kind of history does he have with Drageda to get this reaction? She glances away from the other and glances up at the woman, ears falling back on her head. “What?” she asks, hoping to get a little clarification on the matter.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Furi asks her for clarification — a natural response to the heavy and venomous disdain in which Eske speaks of Hvitserk. She hates her siblings. It is a raw, burning, acidic feeling that will likely never ebb. They are not dragons. They are not and would never deserve to be Drakru …and if she ever speaks to Hvitserk it will be only to ask if he was suicidal in returning to a place that should not longer be home to him. As with much in her life Eske takes the hurt of their abandonment and manifests it into into aggression and hostility: she doesn’t know what else to do with it. She supposes that she should offer her Second some context for her unbidden loathing of the man. “He’s one of my littermates,” She explains refusing to call him brother. “and he’s always been too busy being the pet of my eldest littermate Freyja. I am shocked to see him without her.” Eske snorts. It made Hvitserk clingy and needy, in her mind. “Without rehashing things I don’t want to talk about: he and my other littermates turned their backs on Drageda when the pack needed them most. He does not deserve Heda’s mercy. He does not deserve to walk among Drakru like he belongs here.” Eske lets out a low growl, thinking that it is lucky she has no authority ( and then realizes this is probably why she will never be anything more than Wanlida ). Still, she can’t help how she is. Eske is not a second chance kind of woman. She would speak with him eventually, if only to sate her own curiosity about why he’s not up Freyja’s ass like he normally is. Why he even bothered to return. She has questions she wants answers to and contemplates cornering him before the war begins to demand them. If she is meant to die in this battle that is on the horizon she does not want to do it without answers that she feels she deserves. She might have been the black sheep of the family but had she not been his sister too, at one time?

“I hate him,” Simply put. It felt good to finally be honest about it aloud, like a breath of fresh air to her lungs. A breath that Eske hadn't realized she needed. “I hate all of my littermates.” And her hatred and bias clouds her perception around them. Perhaps she has it all wrong but Eske is long since past the point of caring who is right and who is wrong. Too much time has passed to sway her judgement: and it is a brutal and damning thing, her judgement.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Despite how angry the previous words were, Furi does not expect him to be her littermate. He hadn’t said a word to her when he came across him. That would have been a good thing to mention, though she supposes if Eske is this angry, maybe it is best he hadn’t. Still, she found out anyway. She can feel the venom coming from the woman and she looks away, afraid to catch too much attention. The words are vague but something happened to cause her to her in such a way and she wonders more about them, but does not want to bring them up.

She thinks about her siblings, struggling to remember more than their names. It has been so long since she’s been with them—thought of them—that she isn’t sure she can remember much at all.

After a moment, she clears her throat. “What’s his name?” she asks. If Eske hates him, then Furi will steer clear as much as she can.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
it occurs to eske that perhaps it is unfair of her to influence furi's perception of hvitserk especially as her and thuringwethil are, clearly, at odds about his presence in drageda and especially here. for once, wanlida does not agree with her heda and she makes it well known in her disdain and frigid hostility towards freyja's pet. but he is a traitor. he does not deserve heda's mercy. he has done nothing to earn eske's forgiveness — though such a feat seems surely impossible for eske is a salty and stubborn bitch and her mind was made up about hvitserk a long time ago. furi deserves to know he's a traitor, at the very least, and she'd asked, after all. eske's never exactly been one to candy coat her feelings on things. she speaks her mind for better or for worse and she could not foresee that changing anytime soon. "hvitserk." she spits his name as if it is a curse, as if she feels blighted just by uttering it. in a way, she does.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Eske doesn’t offer anything else and she opens her mouth to ask but, quietly realizing she’s a little afraid of the warrior’s ire, quickly snaps her teeth together. Another time. She has a little information now. A name. A relation. Later, she’ll ask if he can talk at all, but for now she falls back a few steps, looking ahead at the brute for a few moments before eventually settling in Blixen’s distant form.