Chimera Fields slow burn
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive listened eagerly to what the women had to say, until the moment she made mention of life aging her to quickly. Without meaning to, her ears hugged close to the curvature of her crown and her gaze dropped from straight ahead to the ground just beneath her paws. The comment had, undoubtedly, struck a nerve. Had life aged her too quickly? The answer, Olive knew without even thinking about it, was yes — and not even because of her life falling apart, or the loss of her mate and children! It’s because Olive had been born into this world as an indigo child and cultivated an intuitive intelligence seemingly from the womb. She always had been more serious than either of her brothers, both of whom played and wrestled while she learned to identify plants and studied the many astronomical arts. She had aged quickly, but it was a good thing because it meant that she would only more quickly reach nirvana.

Olive would not squander this friendship with her solemnity, though! The woman against the tree was happy, talking on about aging and Olive bobbed her head in subtle agreement. Yes, she understood — the sylph had a tendency to babble, too.

My name is Olive, she chirped when prompted. I was named after the color of my eyes, the woman noted, suddenly delighted with the upbeat realization that both of their names could, potentially, represent the same color. They were so alike! You were named for the woods, no? Forest Evergreen and Olive… As if they needed no further introductions, Olive tipped her chin back to look at the shimmering sky and muttered, almost absentmindedly. Do you have a favorite? she asked about the constellations, but the druid did not feel the need to elaborate. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
slow burn - by Olive - January 11, 2018, 11:46 AM
RE: slow burn - by Forrest - January 11, 2018, 12:20 PM
RE: slow burn - by Olive - January 13, 2018, 04:28 PM
RE: slow burn - by Forrest - January 14, 2018, 01:14 PM
RE: slow burn - by Olive - January 23, 2018, 11:09 AM
RE: slow burn - by Forrest - January 25, 2018, 07:00 PM
RE: slow burn - by Olive - January 29, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: slow burn - by Forrest - January 30, 2018, 05:00 PM