Emberwood Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Onyx seemed genuinely surprised at her sentiments, questioning her incredulously. Olive has plenty of words to explain why. She had examples too; stories, if Onyx wished to hear of them, though Olive suspected she would not. The throes of new love felt so divine that it could cloud even the clearest of minds, to dilute the sharpest of senses. Olive wanted to rub salt in the woman’s wounds as much as she desired to heal her every hurt. She would have to appeal to both desires. “I mean, if you like raising children on your own, then you have found good fortune!” She chimed, almost laughingly.

“That is Dakarai’s specialty — abandonment.”

Olive took a step forward, her slight frame alive and rife with indignation. “He will make you love him, make it so that you rely on him for everything, and it will feel very good and very wonderful… but, he will pull the rug right out from under you. Oh, this I can promise you!” The druid had a hard time explaining why she felt so poisonous towards the man she once loved — still loved — so Olive was quick to blame it upon the sudden realization of Dakarai’s romantic activities. In reality, perhaps her time alone had made her hard; bitter.

Jostling her shoulders, she hoped to shake the tension and bring some softness to her being. Drifting to the side of the golden girl, Olive brushed against her side and stood there, pressing against her, touching the woman rather intimately for a complete stranger.The druid had always felt kinship with other women, in a way that disregarded breed, status or past misgiving. Resisting the desire to kiss the woman’s cheek, Olive spoke gently. “But, you are in danger?” the fae questioned. “How can I be of aid to you, sister? I will do all I can to help. and if that meant get her away from Dakarai, or to abscond her away from her pursuant, then Olive would.

and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pick a star on the dark horizon and follow the light - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 09:40 AM