Sunbeam Lair mountains beyond mountains
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The girl — mona — did not flee. Instead, to the druid’s delight, she suggested further venturing into the depths of the cavern and explore what lay just beyond, and then beyond that, and then even further. Olive could not think of something that would delight her more. To she, charting unknown territory was the name of the game.

“Oh, yes, I very much do,” sang the ingenue, noticing the scarlet girl’s lingering gaze and returning it rather innocuously. A flourish of her ashen plumage denoted the sincerity with which she consented. With any hope, Olive’s natural social fluidity  [coupled with a little bit of methodical movement and the thrill of exploration] would encourage mona to further unbind. Almost intuitively, Olive knew that a self-confidence issue was at play here, but Olive could not find one reason why that may be. Mona seemed simply lovely thus far.

The shrouded fae moved past Mona to venture father down the length of this particular cavern, before it sharply veered to the left and then, out of view. Chatting as she walked, Olive turned to look at her companion and continued. Mona’s figure was almost entirely encased in shadows, in the further dying light.
“I must admit —the darkness frightens me.” She was partial to darkness, as she was a creature of the stars, but this was the first time that their subterranean dwelling prevented her from seeing them. “I am lucky to have you.”      
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - March 05, 2018, 11:47 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - March 08, 2018, 04:59 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - March 12, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - March 17, 2018, 09:25 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - April 11, 2018, 09:39 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:24 PM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Olive - April 27, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: mountains beyond mountains - by Mona - May 01, 2018, 11:52 PM