The Sunspire take a bite of the apple in the face of god
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Finally, the burly alpha spoke the words that Olive had so desired to hear. There were others’ opinions to consider, but Olive quite suddenly had all the confidence in the world that everything would be a-okay. “Oh, yes, of course, yes! Oh, thank you!” the sylph's words came out quick, one right after the other, jumbled in her effort to extoll appreciation upon her leader. Oh, so is this what it was like to be subservient to a man worthy of her loyalties? It was a possibility that, until she happened upon Rannoch and Terrance that one fine afternoon, had seemed to evade her… but here it was, and it certainly felt good to be supported in her fumbles rather than chastised for things [that were now] outside of her control. 

A genuine smile radiating from her finespun maw, Olive nodded her head vigorously. “I would dote upon and care for your children as I would my own.” and she decorated the end of her sentiments with a sweeping bow, one leg outstretched and the other curling delicately into her breast. Here she remained for a moment, until her formality was certainly noted, and she restored herself to her accustomed position and posture.

Certainly, the topic was not done with. “Oh, Rannoch, I was so worried… I never… I didn’t…” with a sharp inhale, she stalled her stammering, and collected her thoughts until  cohesive words could be found. “I did not intend to place this burden upon the pack... but, to raise my family in safety, with a home…” It was over a year ago, but Olive remembered it as clear as day: hauling her day-old children across the wilds, only to be turned out and left to wander once more. Perhaps these children will turn out better this time, Olive mused sadly, though she knew this was not a fair call to make. Poor Sirius, Aries and Cassiopeia never had the chance for normalcy, and she mourned their lost innocence as keenly as she mourned her own.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
take a bite of the apple in the face of god - by Olive - March 05, 2018, 02:27 PM
RE: take a bite of the apple in the face of god - by Olive - April 12, 2018, 07:25 PM