The Sunspire the world forgetting, by the world forgot
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The ghost upon the cliff was not swayed easily. Silently, Olive played audience to the sequence of emotions that ran across Seabreeze’s features, but the sylph did not experience a reaction of panic or fear. No, if Olive understood anything, she understood this — the desire to fade so far into nothingness that she, herself, became nothing at all. In a word filled with so much pain and uncertainty, death was final. absolute. blissful. A life can only sustain so much pain before it is simply… not worth living anymore.

But, if Olive understood only two things, she knew this also: just because something’s seductive and tempting, that does not make it worth pursuing. This was true in many cases; especially so, when it came to self harm. Olive found that distractions helped until the worst of the gloom passed, in many cases — something to live for. Olive swallowed thickly, then opened her mouth to speak and found she was unable to. Instead, her gaze, passive and stelliferous, held those of Seabreezes’ in unspoken solidarity. 

I see you. 

After a moment’s quiescence, she found her voice, low and lilting. “We need your help, because…” Her attentions flitted to Forrest, wondering if the next thing she were going to say would be the right thing. “because I am to have a litter, soon.” but, as soon as she had said it, Olive couldn’t help but wonder if this had been the whole reason she conceived — to coax this woman off the ledge with the promise of babes, thus preserving another life; one life was not yet meant to depart, the likes of which the word had not seen the last of. Olive took a drawn step towards the tormented wastrel, being careful to leave a large buffer so that she did not feel corner. “I… I cannot do it alone.” All her gestures were supplicative and her demeanor, beseeching. It was neither a fabrication nor a farce. It was the truth.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
RE: the world forgetting, by the world forgot - by Olive - March 10, 2018, 09:43 PM